Chapter 17

That night Ryker couldn't bring himself to let any girl touch him. He craved one touch; he didn't even drink. The young heir decided to leave halfway through the party.

Josephine went home crying from the hurtful words Mr. Damon told her. Promising to know what was unfolding between the mansion's walls.

And Willow; she simply cried her eyes to sleep; missing her grandmother she slept hugging her picture to her heart.

It was only midnight when he went back home; careful not to wake the tigress up he changed into sweatpants and made his way towards the bed.

The nightstand's light highlighted her features; she looked breathtakingly beautiful. The only unsettling thing was the dry tears on her rosy cheeks and the picture she held to her chest. Ryker knew right then right there that his wife was fighting a battle all alone. She was much more fragile than how she portrays herself to be.

Covering her; Ryker went towards the couch to have a rest. Ever since her arrival, his life became an adventure in this household.

Waking up early the next morning; Willow prepared herself for breakfast.

"Where are you going getting ready?" He asked in his morning voice before sitting upright on the couch.

"I'm meeting my friends before work and online classes." She informed; wearing her ring.

"What friends? That guy again?" He questioned annoyance lacing his deep voice.

"Yes, Dina and Mike." She declared while combing her hair.

"Fair enough."

They ate breakfast together like a peaceful family before Silvia opened her mouth.

"Honey I don't know what you were thinking bringing us a gangster to live with. I saw Josephine yesterday." She commented all the while looking at Willow.

Wiping her mouth Willow excused herself to not cause another chaos.

"Wait I'll drive you." Called Ryker.

Surprisingly, Willow wasn't in the mood to argue. She simply nodded before walking towards the entrance door.

This time he pulled over with a black Mustang, "Get in." He urged.

"Where to my lady?" he joked trying to lighten her mood.

"Here's the map." She answered handing him her phone.

"Alright." He nodded before starting again, "What happened? Did Silvia bother you?"

"She doesn't mean anything to me."

"You were surprisingly silent earlier, I wasn't expecting you to let it slide!" He exclaimed.

"I'm tired Ryker, we're almost two weeks into this now. I'll go insane if I react to everything." She sighed.

After a long pause, Ryker decided to ask her a question, "Do you have money?"

"Why do I work?" She smiled; touched indeed.

"Here we go then, we are here. Take care." He smiled back.

"You too."

Looking at her retreating form he sighed. Although she looked strong and confident he was sure she needed a shoulder to cry on. And, he still cannot bring himself to trust her.

Walking inside the café; Willow saw Mike waving at her. Smiling, she ran towards their table.

"How have you been boo?" Asked a concerned Mike.

"Not fine Mike. Not fine at all." She declared tears gathering in her once shining eyes.

"Tell me." He urged her.

"Where's Dina?" She asked looking around her.

"She'll be here soon."

"I got married, Mike." She started earning a loud response "WHAT?"

"Yeah, forcefully let me add."

"To who?" He asked in disbelief; the shining diamond on her finger stealing his interest.

"Oh My God Willow this is no joke." He sighed in panic.

"Ryker Hendrix, the heir of the Hendrix family." She informed tears falling down her cheeks.

"What about Feline? She did nothing?"

"She couldn't." Hiccupped; a now crying mess.

Dina messaged them excusing herself for not being able to join them in fear of not being on time for the next lecture. And, within an hour Willow filled Mike on everything happening in her life.

"What are you going to do now?" He asked; eyes red from anger.

"Nothing." She shrugged wiping the tears away from her cheeks.

"Can't you run or something?"

"Then what? I already signed it. I told you the cops didn't even consider my pleas. Running won't add anything but problems."

"Is he treating you well at least?"

"He stood against his father several times to protect me but sometimes I make him lose control." She giggled through the snot and tears at how difficult she could be.

"So he's not a bad guy in the end?"

"I don't know Mike, I don't trust him. He leaves in the evening and only comes back at dawn."

"I guess it would be better to give it some time since he's not as bad as we think he is."

Willow nodded sipping on her juice; that was her plan.

"I still can't believe what happened. You are taken. What the hell you didn't even get to have a boyfriend. I still think it's a joke."

"I wish it was Mike." She vocalized her face giving out how upset she is.

"What about going to a club, you will have fun I swear." He suggested

"No Mike, it's not my type."

"Come on Willow. What are you going to lose? You need to have some fun. Look at your husband he's living life." He encouraged.

"Okay, when shall we meet?"

"Ten would be fine, I'll drive you just give me the address."

Willow nodded; hesitantly passing him the mansion's location.

The day went by in a blur. She had lunch with Mike before leaving to work.

Please comment if you have anything in mind.