Chapter 61

"Divine." He whispered in her ear making her blush a deep red, if it wasn't for the veil she would've been exposed.

The couple exchanged rings before he got rid of her veil and kissed her forehead, making her feel grateful for not embarrassing her in front of her feline.

"As you know, my wife and I have been married for a couple of months but we decided to share our happiness with you and host a ceremony to announce our reunion, I hope you have fun." Announced a confident Ryker.

Willow was overwhelmed by the number of people who congratulated them and wished them a happy married life.

She finally was able to leave and change into a less heavy dress then get back to the ceremony where she once again was bombarded with the number of questions she was asked before her eyes fell on the envious Tana and her aunt Jennifer, they didn't even try to fake a smile.

It was past midnight when the couple retreated to their penthouse.

"I'm exhausted." She sighed while taking fast steps towards their walk-in closet to get rid of the dress, as for the high heels she got rid of them the second she stepped foot in the hotel.

The large hands engulfing her waist from behind made her jump, "Shush, it's just me." He whispered in her ear while his hands held her capture.

"R-Ryker."

"Let me help you with the dress." He spoke in a deep low voice that made a chilling shiver travel down her spine.

Willow felt nothing but pure fear as she didn't expect him to approach her, especially since he promised not to touch her unless she begged for it.

"R-Ryker," She stuttered tears gathering in her eyes for unknown reasons, she trusted him but his hands around her, especially at such a time, were overwhelming, and she sobbed.

"Oh God," He made her turn to face him, " Why are you crying, darling?" He wiped her tears with his thumb.

"You are scaring me." Tears ran down her perfectly flushed face.

"Oh no, no, no. I won't lay a finger on you. I just wanted to help you with the dress, just allow me to at least do this as your husband." He kissed her forehead, "I didn't mean to scare you, gorgeous." He looked into her eyes with the most merciful look she has ever seen in his beautiful eyes.

"Can I, sweetheart?"

Willow slowly nodded turning away from him so he has access to the zipper. Ryker's breath hitched as he lowered the zipper, he knew he had to control himself but he also knew he wanted to keep this memory engraved in his memory. He lowered the dress leaving her in her luxurious white undergarment before he hurriedly passed her the white sleeping dress that once laid on their bed.

"I missed you." He kissed the tip of her nose before locking eyes with her.

"Shall we go to sleep? I'm tired." 

"Let's freshen up first." He smiled trying his best to make her feel safe, he was confused as to why she was behaving differently even though everything was alright the last time he saw her early this week.

After freshening up they both lay in bed before Willow left and came back with a bag in her hand.

"What's that?" He asked supporting himself on his elbow.

"It's your gift, you told me to buy you something too, I raised some money when I worked part-time at the library and I wanted to buy you something with my money." She smiled.