Chapter 40

It didn't take long for them to reach the mansion, they both dreaded this place and being here wasn't something they enjoyed but it's family and they had to still be connected.

"Will you be okay?" He asked holding her hand in his.

"Of course, I mean what can happen?"

"You never know." He shrugged before getting out of the car and proceeding to open the door for her.

"I see you are a gentleman, huh!" She teased.

"When did I treat you otherwise?" He asked with a smirk on.

"Shall I remind you?" She smirked back.

"Please do!" He dared her.

"Remember last time in the club? Or the other time-" She was cut off by one of the maids opening the main door for them, "Young master, madam, Come on in please." She greeted.

"Thank you!" Spoke a grateful Willow, she liked the help who are working here they weren't judgemental and they helped as much as they can.

Helping her with her coat they gave it to one of the help and proceeded walking in to be met with the least wanted presence of his stepmother.

"Wow, look who's here! So you decided to come back?" She tilted an eyebrow.

"Where's Beth?" Asked Ryker ignoring her question while walking towards one of the expensive couches this woman made his father purchase.

"In her room, she'll be here shortly. Your grandparents arrived this morning." She informed while looking at her well-manicured nails.

"Great!" He spoke, "Let's go to our room until lunchtime." He addressed Willow who just nodded.

Reaching his room, Willow threw herself on the bed face first, "So your grandparents are here!"

"Apparently!" He replied before sitting on the couch facing the bed.

"When was the last time you saw them?"

"I see my grandmother every now and then because she still visits but I haven't grandpa for around a year or so, why?"

"I'm just asking." She shrugged while going through her social media, not that she was a big fan of it but she liked knowing what happening around her.

"Are they nice?" She added.

Leaning more on the couch, trying to find a comfortable position Ryker shook his head in an affirmative manner.

"Lovely!"

"Come sit here for a bit, Willow." He stated more than requested.

"It's comfortable here." She commented.

"I wasn't asking though." He looked her in the eyes, he wasn't the easy-going Ryker; he now looked much more serious than usual.

Willow liked it deep down but the idea of someone ordering her around didn't settle well with her, she decided to do what he asked for and see where the flow is taking them.

"Here I am." She looked at him.

Staring at her lips for longer than intended he moved his eyes to hers, Willow looked confused for a moment before his palm gently made contact with her left cheek.

"What are you doing?" She spoke in a hushed voice.

Ryker looked her in the eyes one last time before indulging in a long warm gentle kiss, he needed it, he needed the reassurance, he needed to feel her cherry tender lips on his. Grabbing her wrists in one hand he moved her to lay on the couch. Willow was so lost in her feelings that she didn't comprehend what was happening and that she needed to stop him before he proceeded further.