Chapter 54

It was dark when they reached the resort, it looked breathtakingly exotic but Willow was fast asleep she didn't enjoy the beautiful scenery around her.

Ryker silently carried her to their cabin before calling for maids to make them dinner, both of them didn't eat anything other than snacks that they shared on the way here. He enjoyed the talkative Willow, she started becoming carefree around him and enjoying her time with him which he loved.

One of the workers in the resort brought their bag from the car before retreating to the reception.

"Willow." Spoke a gentle Ryker while playing with her hair in hopes to wake her up.

"Willow! Wake up, babe." He insisted but the girl was nowhere near complying, Willow moved to her other side in order to get away from the annoying person who was trying to wake her up, stretching on the bed she brought one knee up and hugged the nearest pillow to herself.

Ryker smiled at how cute she is, "Babe, you said you were hungry. Food is coming." He tried once again.

"I'm not hungry anymore." She commented nearly inaudible as her face was buried in the pillow she hugged dearly to herself.

"You need to eat, you ate nothing but snacks today." He tried again.

"Ryker, go away." She mumbled.

His phone rang, he picked it up curious what the person on the other line wanted.

"Hey, Alex!" He asked a hint of worry lacing his voice.

"Here we go again." Sighed a frustrated Ryker.

"Well I don't know just take her home, I can't come I'm far away." He responded over the phone and the second he said the word 'her' Willow opened her eyes and started concentrating on the conversation.

"Call her father, Alex. You know how strong-headed Josephine is."  He sighed before ending the call.

"What happened?" asked a curious Willow now sitting upright on the bed.

"Nothing that you have to worry about." He smiled assuring her before sitting on the nearest armchair.

Willow looked around her appreciating the decor of the bungalow, it looked cosy and welcoming, especially with the fireplace on.

"Did Josephine do something?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"Nothing that concerns us." He sighed spinning his phone, "Go wash your face and get changed if you want, food will be here soon." He suggested.

Willow washed her face and wore her pyjamas getting ready for the night, she was a little disappointed because she couldn't see what was around the cottage but she knew for a fact that she'll have a tour tomorrow first thing in the morning.

"Are we going to stay in for the night?" She asked from the bathroom.

"Why, you want to go out?"

"Shouldn't we?" She shrugged getting out of the bathroom.

"We're in the middle of a desert, it gets cold at night, we'll go out in the morning." He informed earning himself a nod before a knock could be heard as maids brought them dinner.

"Come in." He gave permission to which the door opened and two young women entered with a cart. 

The servants retreated as soon as they prepared the table for the young couple. 

Willow sat on the chair across from Ryker and dived into her plate.

"Are your parents coming for the ceremony?" Asked a curious Ryker slicing his juicy steak.