Chapter 13

Running towards the entrance she was stopped by a masculine voice. "Where to?"

"Campus." She responded.

"What's wrong with your voice?" asked Mr. Hendrix.

"Nothing." She looked down. Willow didn't really want to face the grumpy old father in law but there was no running away now.

"Take a seat, eat breakfast then leave with your husband."

"I'm not driving her to campus dad." Informed; the heir of Hendrix's family.

"It's not like I want you to." She glared.

"A driver will get you there then. No problem." He smiled urging her towards the breakfast table.

"I will drive her." Offered the dean; earning a smile from a sad Willow.

"Thank you." She whispered acknowledging his efforts.

"Good morning Beth." Greeted Willow; before sitting on her chair.

"Good morning sister in law. I'm really sorry about yesterday." Apologized; a sad Beth.

"It's not your fault" She smiled bitterly glaring at the handsome guy sitting next to her.

"By the way, I couldn't reach my grandmother, do you know if she has a new number outside the country?" She asked addressing Damon.

"I don't know." He smirked.

Sinking her knife in the table's wood Willow stood up. "If this is one of your sick games I will burn your mansion with you inside." She glared.

"I thought sending your grandmother away would break you but I see you still have a death wish." Spoke a now fuming Damon.

"Don't play with me, Mr. Hendrix." She warned sending her plate towards the floor.

"Great you brought a psycho in this house." Spoke a relaxed Silvia.

Willow glared at her before storming outside the mansion. She stood next to the fountain waiting for Mr. David to drive her.

"You really are fearless huh?" asked a smiling dean as he drove them off towards their destination.

"They get on my nerves especially Mr. Hendrix. The man doesn't know what empathy is!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"I'm older than you Willow, take my advice. Do not push his buttons. I saw Ryker try protecting you several times in less than twenty-four hours."

"That guy locked me in his room and god knows where he went. You call that protection?"

"Willow, Mr. Damon is nothing less than a mafia. His wealth gets him anything he wants. Trust me, he won't think twice before sending someone you love dearly to the other side. I'm not telling you to be meek. But don't comment on everything he says. Ryker is being patient, usually, he is not."

"Do you know anything about him?" She asked.

"Who Ryker?" questioned the dean. "Yes." She nodded.

"All I know is that both he and my wife didn't have the best childhood. He is not too fond of his father. And, he hates Silvia."

"What? She's not his mother?"

"No... She's a stepmom. They don't get along. I barely see them talk. I believe one of the reasons his father imposed this marriage is to tame Ryker. The man spends a lot of time at parties and having affairs. Not the best lifestyle for an heir." He clarified.

"So you're telling me he turned my life upside down and took away my freedom just for the sake of taming his son?" She questioned in anger.

"No! I'm sure he has bigger motives. I had to leave when he talked to Mrs. Feline but I believe they know each other, very well in fact."

"I wonder what they are hiding!"

"Here we are, Willow. Don't wonder, study well and show them that you're capable of great things." He winked dropping her off.

"Thank you, Mr. David. It really means a lot." She smiled.

Walking towards her lecture the first thing she did is taking off her ring and shoving it inside her wallet.

"Girl, where have you been the whole weekend?" Questioned a curious Dina.

Willow wasn't prepared for such a question she didn't know how to respond. "I... I was busy with, housework. Yeah, housework." She managed to come up with a quick lie; at the end of the day, she really did do the housework damaging his room.

Dina gave her a quick judging look before shrugging. "Anyway, at least you are alive."

The day would've gone beautifully smooth if it wasn't for Josephine and her minions. Willow sat on a bench along with her friend when she graced them with her presence.

"So he didn't kick you out at last!" She glared.

"Hmm yeah he didn't." mocked Willow hating the unwanted presence of the fake female standing in front of her.

"It's okay he will eventually." She smirked.

"Can you please get lost? I'm really not in the mood to deal with you!" Warned a now tired Willow.

"I'm sure you did something to prevent them from withdrawing your scholarship. Trust me I will find out."

"Yeah Yeah, go ahead." Urged an annoyed Willow.

"Also-"Josephine was about to continue when Willow had enough of it. She decided to go away and leave the bully to talk with the tree protecting the bench from the sun.

"I'm talking to you peasant."

"Don't talk to peasants then Josephine." Commented Dina

Before leaving the area Willow heard the girl called Josephine call for Ryker. She figured he must've been around.

"That girl gets on my nerves." Declared Dina.

"Tell me about it, Dina."

"By the way, Mike is coming. He was really anxious when you didn't answer your phone."

"Oh my god, he is going to lecture me now." Sighed a frustrated Willow.

"Oh, there he is. It's time for lunch either way." She wiggled her eyebrows in happiness. Willow sighed again envying Dina for the peace of mind she's living.

"Girl, where have you been? I bombarded you with calls and texts why didn't you respond?" Asked a concerned Mike.

When he saw Willow sigh and look down he figured something was happening with his childhood friend. "You need a hug. Come" He smiled. Knowing her for over a decade Mike learned that Willow wouldn't talk about anything bothering her until she's ready.

"I really needed this." She whispered in relief.

"I'm always here for you boo."

Ryker watched the scene unfold in front of him and couldn't say anything. She would eventually go home and he will deal with her, he thought.

"Let's go grab lunch." Cheered Dina.