Chapter 29

Ryker woke up to a messy room, snacks thrown everywhere and a petite lady a little far away, spreading her hair all around her.

They were not supposed to sleep here, he sighed.

She looked so peaceful in her sleep, the only thing that bothered him was the bruise she got on her face, and yet again even though this was unintentional but it's the first time they sleep on the same mattress.

Shaking his head in order to gain control over his thoughts, Ryker walked towards the nearest bathroom to freshen up and get ready for the day.

Trying to be as quiet as possible, he made the hotel workers bring them a breakfast he thought she would enjoy, he even ordered flowers to offer her.

Walking towards the theatre room, Ryker took steady steps towards the feisty sleeping beauty.

"Willow." He called gently, crouching down to her level he took in her beautiful sight, his hand found her bruised cheek caressing it before moving to her hair.

"Wake up, Willow. Breakfast is ready." He spoke.

Opening her eyes, Willow looked around her before abruptly sitting up. She felt confused, out of place and unsafe. The nightmare she thought would end once she woke was actually her life.

Locking eyes with the worried handsome man in front of her, she tried her best not to tear up at how lost she is yet Ryker knew exactly what she felt.

At some point in his life, he didn't feel welcomed in his own house, he didn't feel home and most importantly he didn't feel safe. That woman brought chaos when she entered their lives and now he's seeing his young self in his wife.

Without saying a word, Ryker proceeded with hugging her to his chest.

"I'm here." he whispered in her ear, "You're not alone in this."

Nodding her head, Willow detached herself in order to go to the bathroom, she needed some time alone.

Locking the bathroom door behind her, the young girl looked at herself in the mirror before sinking to the floor, she simply felt sorry for herself.

This time she didn't hold it in, she cried, she let the tears out in hope of getting lighter. Willow didn't know what to do or how to react to everything happening around her, in a matter of few days she got betrothed to a guy she slapped, they took her away from the only woman she called family after her aunt's death not to mention that she got abused both mentally and physically.

She just wanted to run away, she wanted to cry, why her parents didn't protect her? Why did they bring her to life if they were going to abandon her? Why would they leave her behind and never ask about her? What did she do wrong?

All these questions swirling in her head and she found herself crying even harder, not because she was weak but because she held everything in for too long.

Deciding on taking a shower to cool off, she tried relaxing before getting in the bathrobe the hotel provided and walked outside towards the walk-in closet.

Ryker decided against intruding her personal space, he knew for a fact that she needed some time to get through this, reflecting on what he did he shouldn't have let his father forcefully marry her to him. If he wanted her he should've just won her over, he was well aware that he was to blame too, if he resisted a little longer he wouldn't have brought her into this chaos but what can he do, she lived inside his mind since the day they first met, her bravery was something new for him amongst the other girls he played around with.

Steady steps made their way towards the kitchen, his Willow looked breathtaking in everything and he admired that, yet to his surprise the girl he heard crying a while ago was now back with full force, this is the Willow I know, he thought.