Chapter 39

"Tell me you're not doing what I think you are doing!" She exclaimed when she heard someone grunt in pain through the phone.

"I don't have time for this, Willow. We'll talk later." He responded.

"Where are you, Ryker?" She asked urgently.

The call ended and she found herself feeling restless, running towards the main door she looked around searching for Alex or anyone she has seen before with Ryker, but she found none of them.

She headed to the cafeteria to find them like always gathered there like the always available human beings they are. 

"Have you seen Ryker?" She asked directing the question to a relaxed Alex.

"I saw him earlier, around the football field area, why?" He asked.

"Girl, where's your pride? After everything, you did you still have the audacity to go after him? What-" Spoke a smirking Josephine.

"Did I ask for your opinion, Josephine? No! Great. Alex, I might need you to come with me, please." 

"Sure!"

They hurried towards the football team "Why are you rushing, is there anything wrong?" 

"I don't know, I think Ryker is getting himself in trouble." 

"Ryker and trouble? That's funny. Tell me what happened?" He asked.

"Well, I'm sure you saw the video since everybody has seen it. Long story short, I think he's dealing with Liam, the guy in the video."

"Okay! makes sense. Hurry up, that guy is crazy." He urged her.

"Who?" Asked a confused Willow.

"Ryker, I know him, when he's mad he doesn't see straight in front of him and he might seriously harm the kid."

"Thank you for the anxiety, Alex." She ran after him.

Not too long after they reached the field they saw Ryker with his dress shirt out of his pants and his hair a beautiful mess but what was more important than how he looked exquisitely breathtaking is the guy lying down on the grass with a bruised bloody face.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Yelled Willow before she ran to him.

"What I should've done yesterday!" He smirked.

"No! No! No! you- you shouldn't, the guy is, OH MY GOD." She gasped when she took a closer look at Liam. Willow was finding it hard to make coherent sentences.

She crouched on the ground to check if the guy was still alive or not, with shaking hands she put two fingers under his nose.

"Alex, please call for an ambulance." She begged while trying to decipher what happened to his face.

"Are you a monster? You are a freaking human being, you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't cause this to another human." She yelled in frustration.

"Why are you deliberately checking on the person who attacked you yesterday, AND IN FRONT OF ME?" He asked in anger.

"Is that our issue now? Huh? Is that our issue, Ryker? You almost killed the guy. Does being wealthy give you the right to commit such ugly things?"

"What I did is nothing! Wasn't what he did yesterday ugly too?" He questioned.

"It was. But we don't clean dirt with dirt. We have the video we can give it to the police and they will do their job."