Chapter 52

Willow woke up in the morning to an empty room, she looked at her phone and it was still early in the morning. The smell of cigarettes came from the balcony, Ryker was smoking first thing in the morning.

"What are you doing?" She asked coming from behind him still not leaving the comfort of their room.

"What does it look like?" He answered without looking back.

"It's too early to be smoking." She commented.

"Get ready if you're going to school, the driver will take you today." He informed leaning on the expensive railing.

"Why? What about you? You are not going?" She asked in confusion, "Weren't we supposed to go on a date today?" She added.

"I'm taking Tana to the doctor."

"Can't a driver take her?"

"No, she asked me and I agreed." He shrugged puffing the smoke out of his nose.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked in frustration.

"Doing what?" 

"Let's talk this out, tell me what's your problem?" She glared at him while crossing her hands across her chest.

Ryker ignored her and walked towards the main door of their room to which she hurried towards and locked the door sliding the key into her pocket.

"You're not going anywhere." She smiled running to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Open this door, right now. I'm not in the mood to play." He stated in a low voice once she got out of the bathroom.

"I'm not playing either." She shrugged.

"Willow, give me the key and don't make me do things we'll both regret later." 

"You are not going anywhere until we deal with this."

"Deal with what?" He asked in confusion.

"Yesterday, you didn't spare me a look, you slept on the couch and today you're driving a girl to the doctor and sending me off with a driver!" She exclaimed.

"I think you got used to getting whatever you want without giving in return." He smirked, "If you find an opportunity to get out of here, away from me you would take it." 

"Out of here yes, away from you no. I like spending time with you, hell I've never kissed anyone but you." She reasoned.

"You kept silent yesterday, you want to have your life before our marriage back." He glared before sitting on the couch in frustration.

"What do you want from me?" She asked with a sigh.

"What do I want from you?" He smirked in annoyance, "Don't you see it, don't you see how much I care about you, how much I want to protect you from anything and everything? I want you, Willow. I want a future with you. I want us to no longer be a fake couple." He sighed.

Getting closer to her his hand started from her hair and down, "I want your thoughts, your laughter, your heart and your body. I want to come home to a wife."

"You had affairs until less than a month ago." She breathed.

"I didn't have affairs since the last time we fought and I threw you on this couch when Josephine came after you gave her a beating."

"You still went to clubs, you had women around you and you came home at dawn." She reasoned.

"I'm changing for you, ever since we moved to our penthouse, I stayed away from clubs and women and you know that. I spent most of my time with you." He informed.

"Will you drive her to the doctor's office?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Will you stay with me and forget about the past?" He asked back.

"I want to give us a chance." She smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

Ryker smiled at what she said, he appreciated her giving their relationship a chance. He wanted to advance with this, he wanted to feel that she was his and his only.

"Great, let's start by having a date today." 

"Where are you taking me?" She asked in curiosity.

"We have a resort of cabins in the south, the middle of the desert. Let's run away." He winked.

"That sounds perfect to me." She smiled before his arms engulfed her slim waist bringing her closer to himself.

"By the way, a week ago I passed by one of the shops and got you this." He smiled giving her a male ring.

Willow looked up locking eyes with him, "Are you serious? You'll wear a ring?" She smiled with wide-open eyes.

"Yes, I will. Didn't we talk about being serious?" He smiled putting strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Give me your finger." She laughed in excitement, not that him wearing a ring is special but the fact that he initiated it after a long time of denying it.

Willow put the ring on and then locked eyes with the tall man in front of her, "When shall we leave? What shall we take with us?"

She herself didn't know from where came the excitement, was it because the man is smoking hot? Or because she wanted to get out of the mansion? Or the idea of having him in her life started appealing to her! All she knew is that she enjoyed spending time with him and he made her feel safe.

"Take warm clothes and pyjamas, and anything else that you need. We'll leave today and come back tomorrow evening, but you better study well once we come back." He warned.

"I will." She nodded, "What about your grandma?" She asked.

"Don't worry about her." He winked.

Someone knocked on the door and Ryker urged Willow to give him the key, which she did. He unlocked the door to find Tana waiting for him.

"Good morning, I'm ready. When are we leaving?" She asked with a cheerful smile on her face.

Willow walked toward the door and put her hand around her partner's waist before smiling at him.

"Tana, the driver will be waiting for you in front of the main door. You can also use one of the cars in the basement." Informed a serious Ryker.

"But you said you'll take me!" She exclaimed in confusion.

"My apologies, I promised my wife a date yesterday and she got pretty upset when she thought we were cancelling." He informed her.

"I understand, have fun." She huffed glaring at Willow before leaving.

Willow sighed in happiness before throwing herself on their bed, she was still tired and she wanted to go back to sleep.

"Shall I join you, princess?" He smirked.

"It's your bed." She smiled snuggling into the warm covers before his hand brought her flush against him once he got in between the covers, so her back faced his broad front.

"This is cosy, it was cold yesterday." She commented putting her hand on his which engulfed her tummy.

"Have a nap, I'm here." 

"But I just woke up." She shivered from the tension.

"Well, let's stay like this for a little longer then." He whispered in her ear sending chills down her spine.

The tension soon turned into cosiness and Ryker found himself with a sleeping beauty between his arms, the fact that she wanted to stay with him but away from this place and the fact that she wanted to give them a chance made him grow all the more possessive.