Chapter 57

Looking at her smiling face focusing on him while her hands were busy holding Sally's baby, Ryker felt the urge to protect the girl he married at all costs.

"Well, the first time we met she lectured me because I stepped on a locust, then we didn't cross each other's path much for a few weeks. One day I was going to class while she was sitting with her friend on a bench around the campus and I immediately remembered her." He smirked.

Willow blushed remembering what happened next, "It was an eventful day." She laughed.

"Well, it was indeed. The next thing I felt was a bottle thrown at me from the back." He spoke with a raised eyebrow.

"I wanted to hit my friend with it because he was swearing, but he dodged it." She shrugged.

"Too much action from the beginning." Laughed Sally.

The couple kept talking about how they met and how they ended up being together, everyone was happy with the story but Tana chose to leave the room as her envious self couldn't stand listening to how the strange girl got her childhood crush.

The joy they both emitted while talking about the beginning of their relationship was contagious and everyone but them knew that they were infatuated with each other.

"So, Willow. You will be going back to your grandma's in a day or so, right?" Asked a curious Palma.

"Yeah, I'm excited." She smiled while now holding the baby to her chest as the little Sindy was getting sleepy.

"Fair enough, take advantage of every single second and enjoy yourself, I'm sure that life will get a little hectic once you guys officially move together." Smiled Sally.

"We lived together before, it was far more peaceful, I'm actually looking forward to that." Replied a smiling Willow before locking eyes with Ryker who looked pleased.

The anger he held within him all these years seemed to be disappearing every single time Willow gets closer to him and put her walls down accepting him in her space. He despised women because of the mysterious lady his father worshipped and his hatred grew once Silvia came into this mansion, the young heir found solace in having affairs and sleeping around without strings but once Willow stepped foot in his life things seemed to change rapidly. The once nonchalant man who cared about nobody but himself and his sister, who loved going out to party and enjoyed getting on his father's nerves, now actually wants to settle down and would do anything for the sake of his bride.

Ryker lived his life blaming his father for his actions, he still does but for now, all he wants to focus on is his new life, his new beginning it seemed like Willow came at the right time, he needed to settle down, his nightlife started boring him at some point and he wasn't pleased with that. Ryker, dated girls before Willow but he has never experienced anything like her, she was fierce yet feminine, she knows what she wants and she never backs down before having it and that made him respect her even more, he loved the fact that she would never let people step on her and that by being direct, she has no tricks whatsoever. While he was dating Josephine he noticed how she would be passive-aggressive towards people and how she would scheme behind their back, his Willow on the other hand is so honest and direct and he adored not having to play games with yet another girl.

The conversation went on and they kept on filling each other about things that they did within the period of time when they didn't meet.

"Willow, is she asleep?" Asked Sally as Willow didn't move for a while now, the girl leaned on the sofa in a position that would guarantee a peaceful sleep for Sindy while she hugged her to her chest.