Chapter 30

"If I knew I'll be meeting the whole family in one day I wouldn't have left." He mused.

"Come on now, don't be mean I'm your only sister." She pouted.

"What happened? Why did you want to meet?" Asked a concerned Ryker.

"Nothing, to be honest, it's just mom would've never let you leave the house. That place is ours and leaving it to Silvia is like failing mother." She spoke a little too soft to be heard.

"You know, how much that house means to me, that's where we grew up yet that's where we lost everything. I'm not backing down on my decision Beth. I can't, at least not now." He explained bitterly.

"How's Willow?" She asked trying to change the topic.

"She's doing fine I guess, this morning she had a long crying session in the bathroom by herself then came out smiling as if nothing happened. Sometimes, she worries me how much she holds things in and never shares her pain." 

"She's a strong girl, if I were in her place I would've gone insane by now. Getting forcefully married to someone she barely knows and going through all the chaos she's currently going through, that's not easy." She shook her head in disbelief.

"I know, and like a jerk, I went along with father's plans." He spoke, disappointed in himself.

"It's hard for me to believe you, didn't you have other motives when you agreed. Because, based on how you're treating her, I've never seen you treat a girl this well, I'm lowkey proud of you."

"It's not what you're thinking, Beth. I just feel bad for the girl. I didn't have to deal with the other girls on a daily basis unlike her that's why." He shrugged not understanding the emotions his sister stirred in him.

Deep down, all he wanted to do is protect his Willow and as much as he was aware of her being able to provide herself protection he still wanted to be supporting her on every level possible.

"If you say so." She shrugged.

"Do you want to come over, you and David tonight? I'm sure Willow would appreciate the company. She's still uncomfortable living alone with me." He explained further to earn his sister's approval.

"Sure, I'll inform David and we'll be there before dinner time." She nodded before digging into her pasta.

It was near sunset when Willow heard the penthouse's front door open, she walked towards the source of the noise and hid a smile when she saw Ryker getting rid of his shoes.

'He did come back.' She chanted to herself.

It wasn't him coming back that made her this happy but the fact that he committed to his promise, that made him more valuable in her eyes.

"Welcome back." She gave him a small smile before walking towards him.

"Thank you, how was studying?" He asked, taking off his jacket.

"It was good, I caught up to few things that I didn't understand while studying online." She spoke in pride making him proud himself.

"I'm proud of you." He smiled ruffling her hair. 

"How was your day?" She asked walking after him as he went towards the walk-in closet. Deep down she was hoping to get at least a small detail or a hint of where he was the whole day.