Chapter 34

Ryker called the hotel's manager first thing in the morning.

Maids were preparing the breakfast table for the couple, while Willow got ready for the day. She wore a pastel green knee-length dress with white sneakers, the young lady decided to spice it up with some necklaces and earrings, looking at herself in the mirror she felt satisfied, Willow then proceeded to apply her sunscreen along with some mascara and pink lipstick.

"Willow, breakfast is ready." Informed Ryker.

"Oh, coming." She smiled before spraying from her perfume.

Looking her up and down, Ryker took in her image, the girl looked exquisite.

"I love the outfit, you look great." He complimented, locking eyes with her.

"Thank you." Blushed a shy Willow.

Sitting around the table, Willow started eating before she remembered the events of the previous night.

"What's wrong?" Asked Ryker as he noticed her facial expression.

"I just remembered the ring, what are we going to do now?"

"Well, according to your schedule, your first lecture starts at 11 am, we can go do some shopping!" He smiled.

"No, I don't want another ring, Ryker." She vocalized too embarrassed of the fact that she couldn't take care of a piece of jewellery.

"The manager is investigating, they're currently looking at the cameras to see who worked yesterday's morning shift." He answered, while one of the maids added juice to the table.

"Sir, excuse me, I heard you talking and I was one of the maids who worked the morning shift here, can I help you with something?" Spoke the woman her eyes not once leaving the floor.

"Yes, please. I lost my ring, I put it on the sink and didn't find it after." Spoke a hopeful Willow.

"A wedding ring?" Asked the woman.

"YES." answered the young lady.

"My apologies, I cleaned around the chamber yesterday and forgot to tell you that I have put it in the closet, I was afraid someone would take it."

"Where in the closet?" Questioned a happy Willow.

"Shall I bring it to you, or do you want to go with me, madam?"

"I'll go with you." Smiled a gentle girl.

Walking behind her towards the walk-in closet, Willow saw the woman take the ring from one of the many drawers.

"Here, my lady!"

"You saved me, I swear to god. Thank you so much, what's your name?"

"It's Elsa, and my pleasure, it's my job." 

"Nice to meet you, Elsa, I'm Willow." She gave her hand out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too, Madam, you're really nice. I'll go back to my work now." Elsa excused herself before leaving the walk-in closet.

"Oh my God, Ryker. Look." She giggled showing him her hand.

"Congratulations, beautiful." He smiled, "Now finish eating we have to leave soon."

"Why it's still early?"

"Didn't you want to buy me a ring?" He asked.

"Oh! that, yeah I forgot. Okay, let's go."

"Not until that plate is empty." 

"I'm not a kid, Ryker." She rolled her eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes, Willow." He warned, earning himself another roll before she started eating again, she felt happy now that she finally found her ring.