Chapter 7

Willow woke up in a hospital bed; she looked around her touching her head she felt out of place.

"Where am I?" she whispered looking around her, Ryker was there along with her grandmother, the dean, and another girl she didn't know.

"What happened?" she questioned again.

"My child you woke up! Don't exhaust yourself, my baby." Her grandma ran towards her trying to help her into a comfortable position.

"You are in a hospital obviously, and ask yourself what happened. We are trapped in this because of your recklessness." Spoke an angry Ryker.

"Ryker, leave her be, the girl blacked out from shock and you still have the heart to scold her?" lectured the dean.

"How are you willow?" asked a soft voice, Willow figured it should be the beautiful girl standing next to the dean.

"I have a terrible headache." She groaned in pain.

"I'll call for the nurse to give you painkillers, just a moment." She responded.

"Grandma." Whispered Willow.

"Yes, baby?"

"I'm sorry." She started crying, Willow for the first time in her life felt like a burden on her grandmother's shoulders.

"Shht... Don't cry my child, you don't have to apologize you did nothing wrong." Spoke the old woman playing with her grandchild's hair.

"Miss Willow, do not cry, it will add to your headache." Advised the dean while Ryker sat there neutral, he had no pity whatsoever on the girl his father imposed on him.

Willow gave a meek nod before the nurse came in along with the other girl, injecting a liquid in her arm.

"You can leave whenever you feel better miss." Informed; the smiling nurse before leaving the vast VIP room.

"It might be the wrong time right now but I'm Beth Hendrix, this is my husband David and that guy there happens to be my younger brother."

"Nice to meet you, I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Spoke a polite Willow.

"You're surprising me Willow, how could you go from sassy and strong-headed to meek and polite." Smirked; a fuming Ryker.

"My child knows very well how to behave it just depends on who's around, so you should ask yourself, Mr. Hendrix." Spoke a now annoyed grandmother.

"Anyway, I'm leaving."

"Where to?" Asked Beth.

"I have a party to attend, you don't think I'll behave like a husband now huh?" he questioned waiting for her response when she shrugged he left towards the parking lot.

Beth sat down next to her husband, as the grandmother took a seat next to Willow on the hospital bed.

"Grandma, I have to tell you something. You have to come with me tomorrow, I..."

"She already knows miss Willow, Mr. Hendrix informed her before leaving this afternoon when we brought you here." Spoke a concerned David.

"Do you think I have a way out of this chaos?" Asked a hopeful Willow.

"Mr. Hendrix is adamant, I wish I could help but I believe he has a deeper motive behind his decision. Something we all don't know yet." Informed the dean.

Waking up in her bed, Willow cried in frustration. Her life has always been under her control, Now this wealthy old man is imposing a new life on her, a new responsibility.