Chapter 35

"I'm listening." Spoke a not so pleased Ryker, as he drove them to their penthouse.

"Can you please drive like a normal person, you're scaring me?"

"You'll still get home safe, I said I'm listening." He glared.

"It's nothing I swear to God, he's just a new friend." She mumbled, she knew that somehow she needed to explain this to him, at the end of the day even if she didn't love him she still has to respect him being her partner.

"Willow!" He warned.

"Yes!"

"Why would a new friend offer to drive you home?" He interrogated.

"Ask him, not me." She shrugged.

"He's not my wife." He insisted, his demeanour gave out how unpleased he is, and the intimidation started rolling off him in waves.

"Why are you insisting, I said there's nothing. You have many female friends yourself, I never complain."

"Then complain, complain, Willow. I'm not as chill as you are when it comes to my partner." He almost yelled making her flinch in the process, she was not ready for this. 

Ryker has been nothing but caring during the few last days and she somehow forgot he was capable of getting angry.

"Don't yell at me." She warned.

Stopping the car on the side of the road, Ryker looked beside him to the young lady he thought was his. Willow gulped her saliva embracing herself for the worst, what could happen? What would he do? Was he going to raise a hand on her as his father did? She wouldn't be surprised.

"Look wife, I'm being such a really patient man with you, something I'm not used to. I know you have the right to make new friends and to have your own privacy and life. But, within the limits. You are responsible for the last name you're carrying right now. Am I clear?" 

"Why weren't you responsible for your name when you used to have affairs here and there or is it just because I'm a woman?" She looked him in the eyes, daring him to say it.

"This has nothing to do with feminism, I know what I was doing is wrong, and I'm working on stopping it. You on the other hand have to work on your behaviour too."

"I want to go home." She whispered.

"There's no going home until I hear the whole story." He demanded.

Looking him straight in the eyes, Willow lowered the back of her seat down and laid back.

"I don't mind sleeping here, you have such a luxurious car." 

Starting the engine, Ryker sped towards their home, he needed to stay away from her, he has never in a million years imagined a girl who can stand in front of him and have the guts to do what his wife is doing.

"Slow down." She warned.

It didn't take long for them to reach the hotel, stepping inside their penthouse the first thing Ryker did was take a shower, he needed to cool off, the second thing he thought about is using one of his many available ladies to let go of the frustration his Willow just caused.

However, the look she gave him once he stepped outside the walk-in closet pained his heart, she looked at him so innocently he lost himself in her eyes.

"Are you leaving?" She asked in an almost sad tone.

He looked away trying to distract himself, this was not good, he thought he was losing in front of her, everything started as a war and he started losing it.