Chapter 49

Ryker called for Beth straight away, he didn't know what to do and he wasn't planning on seeing his bride faint from the pain she was experiencing which he had no clue about. Despite having a career in bedding women he has never seen any girl go through this in front of him, but a mistress or a one night fling can never be compared with having a wife around you.

"What did your grandma do when you went through this in the past?" Asked Ryker while gently rubbing her lower abdomen.

"Warm drinks, warm blankets and warm room." She informed continuously whimpering in pain.

"I'm here" Entered Beth after knocking on the door, "What's happening?" She hurried to their bed.

"Pain in her lower abdomen." He informed.

"Prepare a hot bath for her, I'll heat the blankets and a maid will bring her a warm drink in twenty minutes. I'll go bring some pills."

"Do you think that will help?" He asked earning himself a quick nod.

Ryker did what his sister told him to do before leaving, once the bath was ready he took Willow in his arms towards the bathroom and placed her on the sink.

"I'm going to take off your clothes." He informed earning himself nothing but denial.

"Willow, I need to get rid of your clothes, you will thank me later." He reasoned.

Willow held her dress closer to her chest, before looking up at her husband.

"Let me take it off." He spoke as gently as possible as he looked down to lock eyes with her.

"Willow, we don't have all night I don't want you to be in pain, I will take off the dress give you a warm bath and I promise I will not do anything, it's not the right time to do anything either way." He asserted.

"I don't want to have a bath." She cried shocking the big man in front of her, Willow never cried for such things, she usually cried when she was alone and when something really important happens, he figured it should be her hormones.

Holding her face between his hands he made her look at him, "I'll add bubbles." He smiled trying to encourage her.

Willow nodded before he left to make bubbles in the bathtub.

"Hands down." He ordered, "I don't want to force you ever but I will if you don't cooperate." He warned.

As no cooperation was initiated, Ryker took both her wrists and securely locked them behind her back with his left hand while his right hand worked on unbuttoning her dress. Her struggles were faint but she still didn't want him to see her half-naked.

"At least close your eyes." She pleaded.

"I'll let go of your hands, put them on my eyes so you know I'm not seeing, or I'll just look away and you take off your clothes." He suggested before kissing her forehead.

Willow put her shaking hands on his eyes which he took as a hint to continue what he was doing. Her arms were shaking and he knew she was in so much pain.

Ryker put her in the bathtub earning himself a sigh of relief, "It feels better?" He asked.

"So much better." She breathed, Willow took his palm and rested her cheek on it as she didn't want her hair to get wet, "Thank you." She added.

"Anytime, princess." He winked.

"Tana said you used to live with Josephine!" She inquired trying to get more information.

"What else did she say?" He sighed, he knew Willow was getting a little better but he also knew her hormones were making her talk about this, no way she was jealous, was she?

"Nothing much." She looked at him as he crouched down to her level.

"Yeah, we used to live together when we were dating." He confirmed.

"Nice." She looked up to the ceiling.

"Why did you ask me about this?"

"I think Tana likes you, that's why she's trying to make us fight using such stupid ways." She shrugged.

"She's my cousin, Willow!"

"And so what, if she didn't like you she wouldn't have been this dramatic about our marriage."

"I sincerely don't care about her. She's nothing more than a cousin and she will always be." He informed while playing with her hair.

"You promised I'll go to grandma's next weekend, but I'm sure your grandma won't let me." She remembered.

"I give you permission not her, don't worry about it." He informed while his right hand cupped her cheek.

"Come with me." She stated, that's when he knew his wife is not fine, she didn't comment on him saying he gives her permission and she asked him to accompany her to her grandma's while she was dying to go alone.

"Are you sure you want me there with you?"

"Hmm! You're not staying here with Tana in this house." She shrugged.

Ryker hid a smile of pride as he knew his bride was actually jealous more than hormonal, her possessive side was kicking in and he enjoyed her behaviour, he would've been so angry if she said this weeks ago and would've left her and gone to the club, but he himself was shocked with all the care he had for her, even when he lived with Josephine he didn't remember a day he took her to the bathtub or took care of her if it was a bathtub it was for a morning session of pleasure and if it was caring it was her taking care of his needs, even if back then he used to like her.

"Ryker, can I come in?" Asked Beth from the other side of the door.

"Come in." He answered.

"Here's a pill and some water, let me help you drink it." Spoke Beth.

"What's the pill for?" Asked a curious Willow, she wasn't going to drink anything and everything given to her.

"For your cramps, the bed is heated and a maid will be here in a few to bring you a warm drink." She informed.

"Thank you, Beth." Smiled Willow.

"Anytime, love. I'll leave you now but call me if you need anything. Okay?" 

Willow nodded with a smile, once Beth left Ryker asked his wife to rinse off the bubbles and call for him once she wears the bathrobe.

"Here are some warm clothes for you." Spoke Ryker once Willow left the bathroom, "They brought you a warm tea." He added.

"I'll wear my pyjamas and come to bed." She smiled.

Joining him in the warmed bed, Willow sighed before taking a sip from her drink.

"I think, I will rest tomorrow." She informed.

"Sure, do whatever you want, you have a reason." He nodded before getting her to lay on his chest while they sat on the bed.

"I said we won't sleep on the same bed tonight and look at us." She shook her head in disbelief.

"I'm not leaving you alone." He declared before kissing the top of her head.

Putting a hand on his chest Willow started drawing invisible patterns, "What about Josephine? What will happen?" She asked.

"About what?" He asked.

"They guy she sent and all!" She exclaimed.

"Her father begged not to destroy her future since this year is her last in our university." He informed.

"So she won't get punished?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Well, at least not now." spoke a not so happy Ryker.

"Your father threatened to kick me out of university if I didn't marry you, it was easy to destroy my future but not hers?" She asked in anger.

"Willow, I'm not letting this go. It's just temporary."

"Let go of me, Ryker." She glared before turning on her right so her back faced him instead.