Chapter 46

Putting her hair behind her ears, Willow proceeded to lace up her high heels. The old woman demanded that she wears something presentable for the night.

"You look beautiful!" Commented Ryker looking at her from behind while she put on her necklace in front of the mirror.

"Thanks." She responded shortly.

"Are you nervous?" He asked.

"Why would I be? Do I have a reason to?" She asked back before putting on some of her favourite lip tints.

"I don't know, girls usually tend to be nervous before meeting their partners' family members!" He shrugged.

"In my case, your family gave me many reasons not to be nervous, because my issue is not if they like me or not my issue is whether I like them or not, so far they're not doing great." She turned to face him while he sat on the couch behind her.

"Makes sense." He smirked at her tactics.

"So, are we supposed to wait here or go down? I'm hungry." She vocalized.

"Let's go down, you can eat a quick snack in the kitchen." He informed while giving her his hand to take to which she ignored and walked in front of him, making him shake his head in disbelief.

"I still don't understand why I need to wear high heels indoors, rich people and their stupid customs." She mumbled nagging while going downstairs.

"You can take them off." He suggested as he heard every single word she said making her eyes go wide open.

"That was audible!" She exclaimed.

"Clearly." 

Walking towards the living room, Willow saw that the dining table was half set, which means that their guests are almost there, she took closer steps to find some fancy homemade tiny burgers and other delicious-looking appetizers.

"What are you doing?" Asked an annoyed Ellen once she saw Willow digging into the plates before everyone.

Willow walked towards the couches where everyone was sitting down with three tiny sandwiches in hand, "Eating?" She asked nonchalantly.

"Didn't your parents teach you to wait for elders at the dining table?"  

"No, they were too busy to do that." She smiled while munching on her snack.

"Grandma, she's hungry. Let her eat, maids will put more later." Spoke Ryker defending his wife.

"This is not acceptable, Ryker. This is a mansion, not a cafeteria." She nagged while glaring at Willow.

"I'll be in the kitchen call for me when they come." She informed Ryker before going to the dining table once again and taking two more snacks of what she was just eating.

Ryker smiled at what she did before composing himself when he felt his grandmother's gaze on him.

"Ma'am, can I help you with anything?" Asked one of the maids when she saw Willow sit on one of the counter's stools.

"Pretend like I'm not here, if you have food please give me. I'm hungry."

"Sure, what about the dinner, ma'am?" Asked the maid while serving her a plate of fancy pasta bolognese and a glass of fresh pineapple juice.

"Well, we'll see about it later." She smiled thanking the maid.

Willow sat there digging into her plate while maids were coming and going, preparing the dining table for the family.