Chapter 6

With shaking hands, she managed to knock on the door.

"Come in." she heard an unfamiliar voice.

Twisting the expensive doorknob she stepped inside.

"You called for me." She spoke softly. Wren had this idea of yelling her heart out, messing the office, and going out so majestically just like what happens in movies but, she knew if she doesn't control her tongue right now, she would end up with no education at all. Submitting to whatever punishment they were to inflect on her was the best option she had at hands. Her granny would be so disappointed.

"Take a seat, Willow McBeth." Spoke; who she figured would be the Dean.

"Yes sir." She complied sitting on the couch facing him.

"I believe you know why you're here" Before finishing his sentence the door opened revealing a very familiar face; his son took a lot after him.

Walking with pride and authority a man in his mid-fifties sat on one of the comfortable chairs in front of the dean's modern desk.

The dean stood up to greet his superior but the intimidating man ordered him against it.

Willow stood up to show respect, in her family when an elder comes in you should stand up otherwise you are ill-mannered.

"Sit down miss?"

"Willow McBeth." She answered taking her seat.

For a second she saw his eyes open wildly before he composed himself again. Clearing his throat the old man spoke "I saw what you did, in fact, my son doesn't come home often. My assistant saw the picture around the media."

"I... I didn't mean to insult your son in any form but he triggered me." Spoke; a now scared Willow, as much as she seemed fearless and confident around her peers; Willow didn't like having serious conversations with elders they were stressful.

"What did my son do to trigger you, Miss Willow." Asked Mr. Hendrix.

"He... questioned my honor, sir." She answered looking at her lap.

"I hope you are not one of his flings?"

Wide-eyed Willow locked eyes with the man "I do not do such things, sir. And if it were to happen again I would slap him twice not just once." She spoke with pride.

The dean didn't say anything other than smile at her bravery. He liked how confident she is and how she stood her ground in front of such an authoritative leader, he himself being his in-law didn't have as much courage as she did. He praised her courage.

"Good, good enough. Now I have a personal question. Do you know a woman called Isadora McBeth?" asked the father.

"She's my aunt." Spoke a perplexed Willow, how did he know her aunt?

Someone entered without knocking, of course, the great Ryker Hendrix. Willow shook her head in disbelief.

"What's happening here?" He asked looking at Willow then his father and at last his sister's husband the dean.

"The girl who slapped my son spiked my interest and I decided to meet her." Spoke; the father getting comfortable on his already comfortable chair.

"Get out." Ordered Ryker; addressing Willow.

"She's not going anywhere. In fact, she will stay for a long, long time with us." Smirked the father, he now had a plan to tame his untamed son.

"Sir I actually have a lecture, if I may excuse myself." Spoke Willow trying to get as far away from the now fuming Ryker.

"They will send it to you. Ryker, take a seat." Ordered Mr. Hendrix.

Sitting in the vacant spot next to her, his father smirked at how uncomfortable they looked, he saw the fire in that girl and it spiked his interest.

"I... I wanted to ask, are you perhaps going to withdraw my scholarship sir?" asked a now desperate girl.

Giving the father a better idea, he already made his mind.

"Unless you apologize to me there's no scholarship." Spoke a now relaxed Ryker.

"I did nothing wrong, you deserved that slap and I'm not apologizing." Answered; a strong-headed Willow.

Shrugging his shoulders he laid back on the couch spreading his legs as an act of masculinity.

"Suffer the consequences then."

"In fact, you are not going to apologize Miss McBeth." Informed the father, "I want something more than that; I want your parents' presence here first thing in the morning." He continued.

With eyes wide open in shock Willow stood up "I, I don't live with them. M... My grandma is my only guardian, please she would be so disappointed if I were to drop out of university." plead a now panicked young lady.

"I don't think there's any way out of it Miss."

"Please I will do anything, just don't kick me out, I really worked hard to earn this scholarship. Your son is the one at fault." Even in her weakness, Willow didn't forget the fact that Ryker was the one to blame and she wasn't afraid to mention it.

"You will do anything are you sure?" asked Mr. Hendrix mischievously.

Ryker looked at his father trying to read his mind; nothing was given for the eyes to figure.

"Marry my son." He smirked.

"WHAT?" they both yelled in shock at the same time.

"As you heard, I want this girl in my household as your bride. Either that or I withdraw her scholarship and all your rights as my heir. I would rather give my fortune to a cat shelter over giving it over to a reckless son like yourself."

"Father!" exclaimed a surprised Ryker, while Willow swayed, if it wasn't for the dean catching her at the right time, the ground would've damaged her skull.