Chapter 62

A maid welcomed Mike and Dina in and led them towards the living room where the newlyweds awaited them.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much." Said Dina while hugging her friend.

"I missed you too, girl. How's everything going?" She asked before turning to greet Mike.

"Now you care more about Dina than your childhood friend? What a traitor." Teased a smiling Mike.

"I care about both of you, stop being dramatic." She laughed.

Mike and Dina greeted Ryker before sitting across from the other couple.

"We were surprised when Ryker called to invite us over. Is everything alright?" Asked Dina.

"Well, this little wife of mine felt down since she couldn't invite you to the ceremony due to protocols, so I wanted her to spend some time with you." He informed them all the while his eyes never leaving her.

"How romantic." Squealed Dina, "Learn from him, Mike." She added teasing her boyfriend.

"We appreciate you." Vocalized Mike feeling happy that he now can trust this Ryker with his Willow.

"Dinner is ready, sir." Informed the head of the maids before bowing and walking out.

"Let's go eat." Cheered a now happy Willow.

Ryker felt happy at the sight of his joyful woman, giving her time this afternoon was tough on him, especially since he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible due to not seeing her for almost a week.

"So, how was the action? Shall we expect a mini Willow soon? Or perhaps, enjoy each other for a couple more years without responsibilities!" Asked a nonchalant Dina while busy eating her shrimp.

Willow's eyes opened wide in disbelief, her friend never fails to embarrass her; Mike glared at Dina while Ryker just smiled at how bold the girl can be.

"You'll be one of the first people to know once she's with a child." He winked.

Willow hit his hand before frowning at Dina, "Filter your words, it's always when we are eating you hit me with these shocking questions of yours."

Dina laughed before she switched the topic, "Your husband is now the dean of the university, how does that feel?" 

"Nothing special, ask him. The man doesn't even allow me to skip, you can imagine." She shrugged.

"Not fun, your wife needs to have more privileges, sir." Expressed Dina.

"She'll have them at home." He winked at Willow earning a blush to appear on her cheeks.

"Can you both respect the fact that I don't want to hear such topics about my childhood friend?" Spoke an almost irritated Mike.

"I know right, they are talking as if we don't exist here." She shrugged.

"Sorry, babe." Spoke Dina earning a flying kiss from a now-swooning Mike.

"Is that how fast you give in?" Spoke a crept Willow with an awkward smile on.

The dinner continued with jokes thrown here and there before they decided to relax on the closed terrace full of beautiful plants and safely secured with big glass windows all around the area.

"I've never been to this part of the house." Spoke a surprised Willow looking around her.

"It's so beautiful." Added Dina.

The couples talked about random topics before Dina called for Willow to show her the way to the bathroom.

"Girl, tell me. How's he? How are you feeling? How's everything? I couldn't reach you for too long." She asked once she made sure they were alone.