Chapter 44

"Why are you yelling first thing in the morning?" Spoke an annoyed Ryker as he just woke up.

"Are you stupid or pretending to be?" She asked while getting out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"Good morning, Willow!" He greeted before getting up from bed.

"What am I going to do with this?" She pointed to her neck.

"Whatever you wish to do with it." He shrugged while walking to the bathroom.

"Ryker, this is serious. I cannot go out like this!" She exclaimed walking behind him.

"Why are you following me, do you want to take a shower together or what?" He smirked.

"Never. Don't change the topic." She glared at him.

"It's cold outside wear a turtleneck, you'll get used to it." He winked while caressing her cheek.

"Get used to it, indeed. In your dreams." She slapped his hand away.

"Well, I was fully awake when you begged for me to continue last night." He smiled before closing the bathroom door behind him leaving a blushing willow outside.

Willow went through her clothes trying to find something decent for her situation to wear while not stopping her nagging.

"Breakfast is ready, ma'am." Informed a maid from outside the bedroom door.

"Coming!" Spoke Willow in response.

"Ryker, breakfast is ready." She informed before knocking on the door which opened immediately and she found herself face to chest with her so-called partner. Willow looked at his broad bare chest in awe, she gulped once, twice then shook her head to get back to reality.

"We're going to eat breakfast in the mansion, I promised grandma." He informed while looking for something to wear.

"Oh no! Not first thing in the morning." She covered her face with her palms.

"Well, we cannot run away forever." He looked at her.

"I don't want to go, you can go I'll head to campus." She vocalized.

"You know that's not happening, Willow. We'll go together and leave together. We have classes to attend either way so it'll be quick." 

"Anyway, I'm out to the living room, don't take your time and be quick." 

"Such kindness, from someone who's always the last to wake up and the last to get ready." He commented.

"Well, Perfection takes time." She smirked.

Ryker wore a deep blue shirt along with black pants and an expensive pair of shoes, spraying from his perfume, as usual, he put his car key in his pocket.

"I'm ready." He informed.

"Let's go." She nodded standing up and heading towards the door.

"Your bag?" He asked as he noticed she was carrying nothing.

"Oh goodness, thank you." She grabbed it from the chair in the corner.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked as they headed to the elevator.

"Many things." She shrugged.

"Mind sharing?" 

"Well, grandma and your grandparents then Josephine, it's a little messed up inside here." She pointed to her head.

"Then, try to tidy it up. I'll deal with Josephine today. My grandparents cannot stay here forever because they have their own life and routine, they usually come for a short period of time. Your grandma can come to spend some time with us in the penthouse, that would be good for both of you I believe." He winked.