:: fifty-three ::

dream and george spent the entirety of the football game giggling with each other, tuning out the cheers of the people around them. it got to the point that the people sitting behind them insisted they were being louder than the entire game. when they started leaving, dream and george had been so caught up in their own world, they hadn't cared that the team they were rooting for lost 4-18.

"you guys are so sickening cute, it's hard to be upset that we lost." karl repeatedly looked behind himself as he descended down the stairs backwards. his eyes on the two who walked down the stairs together.

george linked his arm around dream's holding on, as if the closer they were the longer the warm feeling inside of the both of them would persist.

"we'll go get my sister, you guys can wait in the car." dream led george off into the direction his sister had wondered off to.

"how do i know you're not going to try to leave again?" sapnap mocked, tossing a handful of popcorn kernels at the two of the boys literally connected at the hip.

dream rolled his eyes, using the arm that wasn't wrapped around george to flip off his friend.

"alright we'll wait in the car, but i'm giving you five minutes if you take too long i'm sending out a search party.

"can't hear you, we're re too far away." dream waved a dismissive hand behind himself, continuing into the direction of the bright pink hair he saw in the midst of the dreary crowd.

"i kind of prefer her pink hair."

"why's that?" george watched their feet trying to time his footsteps to walk in-step with the taller.

"it's easier for me to keep an eye on her from far away, i remember i used to panic whenever i couldn't find her in a stadium and now she sticks out."

"that's cute. maybe i should dye my hair pink?"

dream pictured what the boy would look like with a crown of pink upon his head. "i think it would suit you."

"you do?"

dream nodded, "it'd match the color you make when you blush."

george scoffed rolling his eyes and squeezing harder against dream's arm.

his sister noticed them making their way towards her and she waved them over. they traveled up the stairs moving to stand beside her.

"this is my brother." she gestured to the blonde. dream waved, recognizing a few of the kids from dodgeball. he felt the embarrassment settle in his face and tried to speed up the interaction. george let up from his arm, standing straight, yet still in arms distance of dream.

"i'm going to be so tall i could literally step on you." she laughed maniacal, sizing herself beside dream who towered about a good foot and a half above her.

"is he gay?" one of the girls motioned to the brunette who stared adoringly up at the blonde.

dream knew george would be embarrassed and actually felt his fight or flight response kick in. "we're leaving." he picked up his sister throwing her over his shoulder and pulling george by the hand, desperate to help them escape from the situation.

"put me down, i haven't said bye to them yet." she punched him lightly in the back, not actually wanting to be let down.

"you have a phone, you can text them."

"...i could get used to seeing the world from up here."

"you'll never be as tall as me."

"yeah, because i'll grow to be taller."

dream scoffed, smiling as he felt george subtly try to lace their fingers. he completed the action, knowing george would keep dancing around the idea of doing it and never convince himself to follow through. george glanced at their fingers and smiled up at dream.

they continued in silence through the practically empty risers, avoiding people who had just started packing up to leave. they made their way to the parking lot, heading to where the car had remained parked for the entire 3 hours.

"karl better not have taken the passenger seat, i don't want to sit with you guys."

"rude." dream pretended to drop his sister, laughing at her scream.

"you're so mean to me." she crossed her arms against his back.

"you bully me more than i bully you."

"that is just not true."

dream rolled his eyes, opening the passenger door to set his sister in the front seat. "whatever you say." he then slid in beside george, who yawned, seeming to be tired from the events of the day. when conversation took up in the car he turned to george. "are you tired?"

he nodded rubbing a hand at his eye while he fidgeted with the hem of his sweatshirt. dream smiled, patting on his chest, offering for george to lay on him. george turned to smile back at dream before settling his head on dream's shirt. the blonde wrapped his arm around george, resting his head atop the others.

"it's going to be hard for me to fall asleep tonight."

dream frowned at george's quiet voice. "had too much fun?"

george shook his head, embracing how dream's cologne filled his lungs. "i'm too comfy, i'm not going to be able to pretend my bed is comfortable after this."

dream smiled, remembering how he felt he could breath deeper, a weight being lifted off his shoulders after he woke up from being tangled in george. then he frowned, imagining all the sleepless nights he had in his room since he moved here. staring up at the ceiling as the sun started to rise.

"yeah, me too." he slid a hand up george's sleeve lightly rubbing at his exposed skin, the other hand rubbing at his clothed arm.

"today was fun." sapnap sighed into the air, rolling his neck as he pulled out of the parking lot of the football field. "if only we had won it'd have been way better."

i've overestimated my ability to respond to every comment, don't take it personal! if you're from tiktok, welcome, glad to have you here (: