:: ninety-one ::

dream's favorite part of his day was after his shift, all the times he'd walk to the train with the guys. they weren't the most memorable moments in his life, but they held a special place in his heart. he held onto these moments, even if they sat at the back of his mind the majority of the time he remembered them. days like these, instances like the one he was in at the moment reminded him of the times he'd spend with the guys back home.

he let out a deep sigh, feeling relieved and regretful; conflicted. sapnap turned to him, finally acknowledging the blonde was out of his trance and included him in the conversation. "dream do you believe in aliens?"

karl's eyes widened, his actions quick as he covered sapnap's mouth with his hand. "you can't say that outloud sapnap, they might hear you."

dream shook his head, directing his eyes to his feet as they walked to the train station, having taken the same route so many times before, they continued in autopilot. "karl do you actually believe in aliens?"

"ill believe in them until someone proves they don't exist." he crossed his arms, taking a final sip of an unneeded energy drink before crushing the can in his hand.

"that makes no sense." sapnap questioned karl's logic too many times for his own good. dream had learned from the short amount of time he'd been friends with the pink haired boy there was no easy way to sway his thoughts.

"sure it does. i can't  just go around saying blonde people don't exist, there's so much proof against it. i mean look at dream, living breathing proof right there."

their eyes turned back to the blonde, dream pointed at his hair. "that is true."

karl nodded, "exactly, thank you dream. now if i go around saying green haired people don't exist then that's a different story, you get me?"

sapnap expressed a look of disorientation. "no i don't get you, there are people with green hair."

karl shook his head, snaking an arm around sapnap's shoulder to pull them closer together. "you don't get it, that's fabricated, nobody is born with green hair, just like some people dye their hair blonde, they don't count. like man made structures and the stone hedges, one is fake and one is blatant proof."

they walked for a while in silence everyone trying to piece together what exactly it was that karl had been talking about. his logic almost made sense but not quite.

"actually don't quote me on that, i don't know if people can actually be born with green hair."

"karl please explain to me how that would be possible?" dream turned to the two arm in arm.

sapnap seemed to get offended on karl's behalf. "maybe their mom ate hair dye when they were pregnant, don't question someone's livelihood dream, that's so insensitive of you."

the conversation continued like that until eventually they couldn't remember what exactly brought up the topic. when they boarded the train the chaos never subsided, in fact it was actually when karl's energy drink began to kick in.

"who's idea was it to give karl an energy drink?"

sapnap stood by the pink haired boy who had too much fun attempting pull ups and spins on the grabrails of the moving train. he shot a glare towards the blonde who sat relaxed in a seat watching as sapnap desperately tried to ensure karl didn't smack his face onto something.

"hey, don't look at me, you're the one that bought it for him. i have nothing to do with this, i don't even know who you are."

"ha ha, you're so funny. i'm not going to miss you when i leave." the brunette rolled his eyes, pressing his hands into the back of the pink haired boy, who currently hung upside down, face red, giggling his head off.

ouch.

"how long did you say you were going to be gone for?"

"three weeks, why is little dreamy going to miss my company?" sapnap offered a hand to karl who finally stood on two legs, unbalanced from all the blood that rushed back through the entirety of his nervous system.

"nah, george will keep him company, am i right dream." he held out a fist, waiting for the blonde to return the fist bump, yet dream did nothing but shake his head. sometimes it was criminal how simple sentences like that could flip something inside him and leave him all smiley. it was like doing somersaults, he liked the feeling of flying and then finally crashing down onto the ground. but this was so much more intense.

"dream, are you still there?"

he turned away from where his eyes had focused in onto a seat in front of them.

"were getting off now." karl gestured toward the doors that had opened as the train stopped.

"oh." he blinked not having realised how quickly the day had passed him by.

"were hanging out tomorrow, and the next day, and every hour i'm here until i leave, got it?" sapnap pressed a wet kiss to his cheek, waving a hand as he pulled karl by the hand stepping out of the blonde's view.

his eyes trailed out the window. the early rising sun beamed down on him through the window, settling a warmth onto his exposed skin. he watched the expanse of new autumn oranges and yellows, a different sight from the first time he took this train home. he was back to his roots. don't get him wrong he loved being with his friends but riding this train alone in the weary morning was always unparalleled in his opinion.

he could however make an exception for one person that always seemed to linger in the depths of his mind. apparently though not deep enough to remind him of a necessary conversation.

his finger came up to run against the edge of the table in front of him, trying to hide from his guilt.

he kissed george.

took so much time out of my day to turn in work, just for my teachers not to change my grades a single precent. i'm going to drop out. on a brighter note, everyone wish red a happy birthday!