:: eleven ::

time seemed to stand still, dream didn't dare turn back, it was over after all. he failed to prevent both himself and george from getting caught. he couldn't help but think if he helped george over the fence first they wouldn't be in this situation. the noises around them finally registered in his ears. all the noise crashing into him with intense volume.

he could hear the wind, the sirens, the yelling, the radios, the feedback, the quick heavy footsteps, and he could hear his heartbeat, the sound of his breathing quickening was at the center of the chaos. he felt added weight and was sure he was being tackled. that was, until he felt long legs wrap around his hips and slender arms snaking around his shoulders finally he snapped back into the moment. "dream, run." george's voice echoed past the shell of his ear.

dream's hands flew to george's thighs as he began sprinting as fast as his legs would allow, supporting both his and george's weight. which to be fair wasn't much. he didn't want to stand around to wait to see what would happen. as he ran out of the backyard of the house he took a sharp left turn in attempt to clear their trail. as he ran he could see the red and blue lights reflecting on the walls of the houses they passed.

"they're going to get in the cars, we won't be able to run much longer." dream spoke out loud considering all their options and interpreting several corses of action. dream's long legs had taken them farther than his speed had, they had only gotten around two blocks away. dream adjusted george on his back since he had began sliding from all of the movements.

"there's a main street a couple blocks away from here, we could hide in the crowd, do you think you can make it?" george spoke quietly, the words being served on a silver platter into dream's brain, his voice so clear.

"don't know how to get there." dream was starting to run out of breath, the aching in his legs and the heavy heat pressed into his back kept him pushing forward.

"take a right here, then just keep running straight, you'll know when you get there."

dream complied, stepping over curbs and avoiding cracks in the cement. he heard sirens behind himself and went into overdrive, stretching his legs to their fullest extent in hope to move them along the ground fast enough to allow them to hide in civilization. dream made the mistake of turning to see how far the cops had been behind them. as soon as his eyes met the corner he saw the front of the car turning onto their block.

"my sister is going to kill me if i get arrested again."

"again?" george spoke dismayed.

he turned his head to face forward so quickly he almost toppled over from the uneven distribution of his weight. he took a few paces before turning into an alley and speeding down its entirety. hiding on the main street didn't seem like a valid scheme anymore. he turned down another dark alley, followed by another. he had no idea where he was going.

the alleys seemed to connect forever, it was labyrinth-esque. dream felt defeated for what felt to be the seventh time i'm just this night. he sighed and kept onward, paranoid the cops would turn the corner any second. then, relief. dream had reached the end of the alleys.

he stood on another main street, across from them lay a large field of overgrown grass. he knew what had to be done. he made quick work of crossing the street and fought with the tangled blades to allow him deeper into their temporary shelter. he let george down and he laid flat on his back in the dark presenting to the older what he expected him to do.

when he stopped hearing gravel crunch he knew george had settled onto the ground beside him. they stayed like that, listening for what felt like forever, both of their hearts had been able to still while resting in the grass. "i'm pretty sure there are ants crawling on me."

dream clasped a hand across his mouth trying to suppress the laugh that was daring to escape his lips in the dark silence. to their left the noise of the siren had gotten increasingly louder. no one stepped into the grass from what dream had heard. then a handful of cars left the premises. dream slowly rose from where he was laying in the dirt to peek over the grass to scan the area for danger.

there was no one there, they managed to get away. a smile quickly spread across the blonde's face. "george, george we did it." dream turned from the grass to face george, who had been dusting off the sleeves of his sweatshirt. george didn't seem too interested.

"i guess you were able to get us all out of this mess then."

"i guess i was." dream smiled, he really did it.

"now are you going to explain to me why you are so incredibly skilled at running from cops, should i be worried?"

dream let out a light laugh, full of relief and tranquility. "it's a long story."

george didn't bother pushing the story out of him, after all they had seemed to have shared one too many intimate moments today for their fairly new friendship. dream stood from the grass and held out his hand to help pull george up. george gladly took his hand. dream helped dust the powdery dirt off of the back of the older's sweatshirt. george appreciated the gesture.

"thanks."

together they started out of the pit of grass. dream slid his phone out of his pocket and held it above him far enough to capture george in the background and quickly sent a picture to sapnap. with the simple caption;

i bet you didn't think i'd get us out of there.