:: one hundred seven ::

they both laid still on the bed, basking in the warm company that had been missing from the both of them for far too long. dream tried desperately to direct his attention away from where their legs pressed together, inches apart. his eyes locked on the ceiling above them with an unwavering stare, his hands fidgeted with the hem of his sweatshirt pocket to thwart out the feeling in his fingertips that wanted to touch.

the tension in the air lessened however when dream heard a soft giggle elicited from the sleepy brunette beside him. they turned to face each other again, and all walls they built up during the hiatus, broke the moment their eyes connected.

"what's so funny." his smile spread across his face before he could control it, sharing a look with the brunette who struggled, trying to keep his eyes open.

"your sister really wanted us to talk, she practically exploded when she saw me at the door." george turned back to the ceiling, blinking slowly as he most likely thought back to the conversation he'd had with the younger girl, who cared deeply for her family and friends. the gentle smile on his lips never fading.

dream's eyes stayed on the other, tracing his silhouette to engrave every detail into his crowded brain. "sometimes i think she knows more than i do."

george turned back to him and smiled harder than before. his slow moving hands on a mission to toy with every strand of hair on the blonde's head that had stood out of place. "we aren't too different in a sense." his voice lowered to a whisper so the blonde used it as an excuse to move in closer. "i may run from my problems but you don't talk to us about yours."

dream felt guilt for a moment, thinking about how he left sapnap out of the loop of this situation thus far. "i guess you're right."

"would you forgive me if i had a really good reason for disappearing?" the brunette looked panicked for a second, scared to hear the blonde's response.

dream took the pause between them as a chance to finally reach up and entwine his hand with george's. "you always do have a good reason, don't you?" he squeezed the hand in his, sharing a soft look with the boy that had made him feel all types of feelings. some old, some new.

george pressed closer to the blonde, so close now that he could rest his head on the blonde's bicep. dream finally felt like he could breath correctly, almost like he was in the right place right now, like this is how the universe intended his time to be spent; next to the brunette, hands held together.

he gifted his lungs three fulfilling breaths before turning back to the boy who stared at him with eager eyes. if it was up to him, this would be the point in time he would finally muster up the courage to kiss the other, however now it was too late, because he already let his feelings guide his actions before his brain, once before.

"now it's time for the hard part." george spoke past closed eyes, his words slurring together as the warmth in the room lulled him back to sleep.

"what do you mean the hard part?" dream disconnected their hands to move his arm so it wrapped around the brunette. with his head now resting on the blonde's chest, a smile bloomed across the brunette's face when a hand came to rest on his hip.

george peeked through one eye. "one last hurdle and it will all be easy again." the eye closed and he laid his head directly over the blonde's heart. the weight of his head doing nothing to hinder the breaths that dream had been taking. "or at least that's how i hope it works out."

they both shared a heavy sigh and the blonde pulled them closer together. "hopefully." but his voice wasn't unsure, instead it was optimistic, as if he really believed it would be over after one last hurdle.

"you should talk to him."

dream glanced down to the brunette who still rested undisturbed in his arms. this time his eyes stayed shut, but it didn't deflect the genuineness of his previous words. perhaps it was time to open up to his friend about the part of his life he'd tried so hard to hide. "yeah."

with the comfort of the brunette's presence, dream stared up at the ceiling, recalling all of the events that had taken place the past two weeks while he was left to his own devices. his heart ached for the times he'd laid awake just hoping he'd get to experience another moment like this with the boy beside him. his guardian angel might have been looking after him this time, but there was still so much to get through.

the question as to why george randomly disappeared was still on the table.

dream contemplated speaking questions into the room, but he changed his mind when he felt soft lips press an even softer kiss to his jaw.

there was always tomorrow, and right now he was content with laying here having no answers, because that single kiss wiped his brain clear and the only thing he could focus on now was the heat that spread across his skin. dream's hands came to reach the spot where the heat originated and even the cold of his hands couldn't control the spread. "what was that for?"

"can you relax for a bit? we have a lot to talk about but i haven't seen you in so long, i just want to stay here for a while."

dream couldn't argue against wasting his time right here, so he didn't and instead he found his hands traveling to pull the brunette even closer into his chest.

"i always sleep best when im with you."

dream flashed a prideful smile, before closing his eyes and resting his face in george's hair.

i have made three reading lists, they're all pretty self explanatory but just in case; i want you guys to recommend all of your favorite fics (because i basically haven't read a single dnf fic that wasn't heatwaves) and shamelessly plug your own fics here so you can get support from a community you already have something in common with! readers, i encourage you to search through the lists for anything that catches your eye and spread your support around the community!