:: twenty-eight ::

they had wandered up and down every aisle in the store and currently only had a bag of chips in the cart.

"this isn't going to plan."

dream nodded, putting a box of pasta back on the shelf. "should we go around again?"

george turned from in front of the cart, "i'm starting to think you don't plan on leaving here any time soon."

dream smiled at him, "there's not much to do once we get back."

george continued walking down the aisle so dream pushed the cart along. no one was in the store, having it been so late. his phone buzzed, and he pulled it out of his pocket. he smiled at his home screen and noticed a message from his sister.

george stopped walking in front of him, so he stopped pushing the cart. he looked up from his phone to see george had directed them to the produce. when george walked out of his vision he rested his arms on the handle bar and opened his texts with his sister. he rocked back on either foot waiting for the app to load.

"who are you texting?"

dream smiled at his screen.

"my sister."

he looked up from the screen to see george aiming his phone at him, his bottom lip between his teeth in a smile. dream rolled his eyes and smiled, deciding to pose for the camera. finally they finished their photoshoot.

george stood on the rails in the front of the cart, enjoying being pushed around by dream.

"my sister is going to a birthday at a trampoline park tomorrow i was wondering if you'd walk with us?"

george turned around on the rail to face dream. "a trampoline park? i've never been."

dream couldn't believe his ears, "i mean we were only going to walk her there, but if you've never been then we have to go."

"no dream it's fine."

dream shook his head, "i promised you i'd show you all the crazy things in life, i literally have to."

george couldn't argue with that, as much as he wanted to.

"i have an idea for dinner, but you can't look at what i get."

dream slowed down the cart, "how do you plan on that happening."

george's face went blank.

"didn't think about that, huh?" dream sympathized with the man across from him.

"yeah i guess not."

the blonde continued pushing the cart cautious of turning corners.

"well what if you close your eyes?"

dream stared at george.

"me, the one pushing the cart, you want me to close my eyes?"

george smiled, nodding. "yeah, and i'll direct you around."

and so this began the biggest laughing storm of the night, george getting confused with his lefts from his rights, and dream bumping into every shelf possible several times over again. eventually george wrangled together everything he needed and pulled dream, who still had his eyes shut, through checkout.

"i'm going to hand you some bags, but you have to promise not to look."

dream held out his hand. "i promise."

george hooked the bags onto his palm.  dream felt fingers lace into his free hand and then he was being pulled.

"did you make sure we didn't leave anything?" dream tried to talk over the laughing that he couldn't seem to stop.

he knew he was outside when a gust of cool air hit him in the face. george kept pulling him though, and dream didn't dare open his eyes, scared to break his promise.

then,

he felt something smack him in the face.

dream unlaced their hands to assess the impact. his face was still there thankfully. george laughed, obviously not phased by what just happened to the blonde.

"why'd you run into the sign?"

dream opened his eyes, his jaw unhinged. stood in front of him was a 'no parking' sign.

"how was i supposed to know there was a sign there."

george kept laughing, and dream wasn't in extreme pain so he laughed along.

george walked closer to dream and stood on his tiptoes to inspect the repercussions. dream felt george's fingertips glide over his forehead. he watched as the other's eyes reflected the street lamps. dream noticed how close their lips were, he could kiss him right now.

"maybe you should keep your eyes open then." george stepped away. dream let out an audible breath. although george had continued walking, dream needed time to regain his composure. he watched as george turned back around beckoning him over.

dream took every step with a breath.

"can i get on your back again?" george pouted, his eyes big.

dream stared back

"i'm literally carrying all the stuff, you should carry me." just then he had the bright idea to fall back and see if george would catch him. george rushed to his side.

"dream oh my god, my food. be careful."

dream laughed at the look on his face. george jumped on his back with no warning in retaliation. and of course dream got stuck carrying the groceries and george. he would never get tired of carrying one of the which though.

george displayed his phone in front of dream's eyes. he watched as george opened his photos to the pictures he had just taken of dream in front of the parsley.

"i think green is your color."

dream turned his eyes from the sidewalk in front of him to watch as george scrolled through the pictures.

"what about red?"

dream could feel the other's head shake against his shoulder

"you're too docile to pull off red."

dream scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully.

"i like this one."

dream inspected the picture, his leg was hooked over the side of the cart and he was flipping off the camera, dumb smile shining on his face. as he took in the picture he watched as george set it as his home screen.

"now we're even."

instead of turning off his phone george continued to scroll through the pictures. however, he scrolled too far into his photos and revealed a certain picture that put a blush on dream's face.

sorry for the long wait, no school until next tuesday POG expect plenty of updates!