:: eighty-four ::

-320k readers special-

i've run out of thank you's so instead i decided to make a discord server for you all, as a thanks!

dream's brain finally seemed to catch up with the situation. he turned away. "george." he spoke daringly into the air, trying to ignore the way the brunette's lips followed his in protest. "george." he repeated, suddenly embarrassed to be in the situation he was.

he watched george's eyes blink back at him in question. "we can't do this. now now, not today." he could feel the brunette's eyes refocusing on his lips. daring to close the short distance and reconnect with his own.

the noise of the door opening was enough to cause the brunette to look away. wilbur stared back at them, george still sat on dream's lap, his arms wrapped around the blonde's neck, with dream's hands resting on his hips. both of them wearing pink in the face.

george was first to leave, standing from dream's lap as he giggled his way all the way back to his room, leaving dream to confront wilbur alone.

the front door was shut, and he turned to face his old friend who hadn't looked very different from all the years before when they were closer. he had to get the confession into the air. "i kissed him will."

wilbur began taking off his shoes. "you kissed him." he confirmed, neither of them sure if sharing eye contact was a good idea at the moment.

"he's drunk." dream's words continued as if wilbur hadn't heard him the first time. they both paused, unsure of how to continue. george came bouncing back into the living room pulling dream off the couch down the hallway. the blonde turned behind himself to ask wilbur for help, unfortunately the other had turned away from him. leaving him to face the problem at hand, alone.

"george i think i should go home now." he felt the adrenaline dying down hating the feeling of reality setting in when george started pulling them into his room.

george appeared to be ignoring him, continuing to draw the blonde into the room he had such a pleasant experience in the very night before. so many things had seemed to have changed from now and then.

"stay a little while longer? just until i fall asleep." george stopped pulling, awaiting the blonde's decision.

"i don't know george." he felt his free hand come up to scratch the back of his neck. the brunette sat down on his bed, looking up farther to meet the blonde's eyes.

"what if you just stay until i get out of the shower?"

dream felt a sigh lingering and stopped using up the energy to hold it back. he sat down next to george on the bed, their hands unlinking.

"alright, i'll wait."

george rested his head on dream's arm. "thank you." he stood from the bed, searching through the many articles of clothing in his closet. dream had nothing to do but sit and watch.

"i won't be long." george spoke as he stepped out of the room, leaving dream behind.

another sigh left his lips.

he pulled out his phone to distract himself, but he hadn't had the chance to turn it on before the door opened again. he had looked up expecting to see george.

"i thought you guys got in the shower together."

dream smiled, shaking his head as he slid his phone back into his pocket. "he asked me to stay until he got out."

"you're not going to spend the night?" will asked peeking out from behind the door.

"i don't think i should, i already proved to myself i don't know how to act."

will tapped his fingers on the door. "i think you should stay."

out of anyone in the entire world wilbur would be the last suspected person to be on dream's side.

he stepped into the room, taking a seat on the floor by the doorframe. "i'm going to be out early again and he's not going to have anyone help with his hangover. i think you should stay, at least until he feels better."

"wilbur i kissed him." dream wasn't sure if it would be better to tell george about this tomorrow, or pretended this whole thing never happened in the first place.

"let's not worry about that right now?"

the noise of the shower from the room over bled in through the walls. dream laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling as they sat in silence, glad to be in wilbur's presence even if they hadn't spoken another word after that. when the water turned off will was quick to exit the room, leaving dream alone to anticipate what would happen when george walked into the room.

despite hearing the door open, he kept his eyes on the ceiling.

"dream?" george's voice was suddenly so timid sounding in the reserved quiet of the room. he sat up from the bed, coming face to face with dark eyelashes and beads of water daring to fall from tips of hair. "hi." george smiled.

"hi." he had responded, tucking his hand underneath his legs to prevent himself from pulling the brunette back into his lips. he watched george sit on the bed, atop all of the blankets blinking at the blonde as if he had been waiting.

that's when dream gave in, pulling off his sweatshirt again and setting it on a nearby chair as he met the brunette at the headboard of the bed. they both rested next to each other, facing the ceiling.

"i think i'm going to stay."

from the corner of his eye he could see george turn to grin at him, so he turned to the brunette to watch the smile grow. george rested his head over dream's heart, his hair wetting the fabric of dream's t-shirt.

"your hair is wet." he spoke into the air not anticipating a response, yet smiling when he received one.

"you're wet." george had already closed his eyes, no longer paying attention to the conversation. dream chuckled resting an arm around the brunette, his other hand coming to land on his abdomen. the current situation being such a sharp contrast to that of just minutes before.

you can find the link to the discord on my conversations tab, or in my bio!