:: one hundred twenty-five ::

"who would've known patches liked snow this much." their divided attention turned to the weakest link of their partnership that lay in the snow, providing no help to the creation of her own initiative, laid on top of her was the source of the inspiration. originally, they had planned to make a statue of the cat, however, after only minimal disappointment from failure his sister gave in to her distress, he took over management of the project from then on.

being the less creative of the two he knew he wouldn't be able to construct a snowman that would even come close to what she had expected, but it didn't stop him and the brunette from trying. "we got her from florida, i don't think any of us could've known."

in contrast to before, with the blonde's assistance, instead of a lump of snow, there was now a standing snowman. to pay tribute to the girl's idea even after she had given up, and as per request of the brunette, there were unintentionally asymmetrical cat ears sculpted onto the head of the man they had spent too much time and effort into bringing to life.

"if we hadn't moved we wouldn't have found out either." she sprinkled snow above the cat who, just as the other two, had been experiencing, and seemed to enjoy extreme cold for the first time in her entire life. "mom is going to be so happy when she finds out patches likes snow. she was nervous when we moved over here because she didn't want patches to miss the heat from back home."

"no, mom is going to freak out about her being outside." dream shaped up one of the ears to occupy the hands he was slowly losing feeling in.

"who says that? i think mom will be happy." the woman who appeared suddenly at the door, announced her arrival in the most her way possible. "interesting take on a snowman, i would say." she gestured to the ears, stepping over the girl that still laid on the ground to get a closer look.

however, the mention of their creation was enough to catch his sister's ear and she was off the ground as quickly as she could manage. she inspected the final product and showcased an exaggerated evaluative pout, both dream and george subconsciously crossed their fingers in hope that she didn't completely hate the direction they took her idea in. after all, they were only outside building this snowman for her.

"yeah," she smiled, "and it was all my idea." her arms were crossed with pride. despite their physical work being overshadowed by her visualization, they took it as a win, she liked it enough to claim it as her own, and really that's all they could've asked of her. it made all the labor almost worth it.

"don't you think your snowcat needs a scarf or something? maybe a hat?" their mom picked up the cat that pawed at her leg, her words directed to his sister, who piped up at the idea and rushed off before another word was said.

with the newly found silence between them, it was hard not to notice and appreciate the quiet that came with winter. dream had never really gotten to experience this tranquility before, but he always heard about it during the holidays.

his mom sighed, glancing between them, "well, i'll go on in and make some hot cocoa for when you guys are done out here?"

"sure." he nodded, wanting her to be gone so he could enjoy the still with the brunette beside him.

she nodded back and started for the door letting the cat jump from her arms before she shut the door behind herself, leaving the blonde and the brunette once again alone in the snow.

being preoccupied with the endeavor it was to make a snowman they hadn't really paid the other any mind. it had been the first time dream looked over to the brunette with his full attention, since the beginning of the construction of their snowman, which made him grow to like winter as a season even more.

the usual feathery dark brown hair was now overtaken by the scattered white snowflakes that had fallen upon his head. the tips of his hair wet, and his face currently contesting against the embarrassed color that naturally found his cheeks, except more vibrant now and centered around his nose. the very same nose dream vividly remembered pressing a kiss to that morning.

george tilted his head with the same curious innocence he had that morning, presenting an unvoiced concern, and dream was certain it was him that had been flushing now. he turned from the brunette's gaze, overly aware of the mess he would soon be imitating.

"i think this is the first time i've made a snowman as well." unbelieving he stared at the snow, glancing to dream in an offer for the blonde to join him at his side. quickly the distance was shortened, and the blonde grinned at the visible side of the brunette's profile, watching as he scanned the snowman with an inspective glare.

george's hand came up to poke the snowman, and only then did the blonde realize how cold his hands looked. "hopefully we made it memorable enough for you." as he spoke he made a motion to collect their hands, in turn redirecting the brunette's attention to focus on him.

there was a giggle as he looked up from their hands, "are you kidding? i don't think i'll ever be able to forget this."

they shared a smile and dream tightened his grip. "your hands are really cold."

george shook his head, "you're making them much warmer." he stepped closer, hoping dream could somehow also manage to make his entire body warmer.

they stayed in front of the blank stare of their snowman, searching for any sign that this was wrong. the stars that appeared in the brunette's eyes told the blonde all he had to know.

i've been working on this chapter for so long i wasn't sure if i had published it before or not, and even with all that time it's still only 1009 words compared to the usual 1015+ (?) anywho, there is this cute kid in my class and the only reason i am telling you is because i need someone to hold me accountable for my promise to speak with them before the end of summer school, because it certainly will not be me