:: twenty-two ::

"i haven't showered in like four days." all of them turned to look at sapnap who was scrolling through his phone.

"what?" dream could feel his face screw.

"ew, sapnap, someone's going to call the health inspector." george spoke after dream, karl's laugh filling in the background silence.

"what, you guys take showers everyday? that's so bad for your skin and the environment." sapnap looked up from his phone sending pointed looks towards the others.

"i don't take showers everyday, but i also don't go around bragging about it." dream shook his head.

"yeah, well, i'm just built different." sapnap was right, he was simply just built different.

"that's only because you have no shame." they turned from each other in time to see george roll his eyes.

"sapnap, you better shower soon, i heard there's going to be a lot of girls at this party. me and dream might take them all." the three turned to karl who had settled down from his previous laughing fit.

"i'll take a shower when i get home." sapnap turned from the conversation, probably to wipe another counter.

"having a tall friend will definitely get more girls to talk to us." karl nodded his head at dream.

"how much did they talk to you before? not at all?" dream turned to karl, george laughed and the noise formed a smile on the blonde's face.

"so you're coming?"

dream glanced at george, turning back to karl. "i think i will."

karl smiled, "yes, we're going to get so many numbers."

george glared at dream. dream smirked at him. "what about you george, are you going." he smiled at the older.

"fine. ill go-"

both karl and dream were too excited to listen to the rest of his sentence. george spoke up over their cheering.

"under one condition." both karl and dream turned to him. "i can leave whenever i want."

"deal." dream was thrilled.

"you can always leave whenever you want?" karl didn't understand, so dream nugged him in the arm. "i mean, okay."

sapnap returned to a group of guys with smiles on their faces. "what's the occasion?" his eyes flickered from between the three.

"both dream and george are coming to the party." karl seemed to be more excited than the others.

"i told you we'd win them over, they can't stand being away from me too long, after all." sapnap smiled at dream slinging an arm around the other's shoulder.

"as if, i just want to watch you get rejected over and over again." sapnap flipped off the blonde, rolling his eyes.

"wait sapnap, listen, we have a tall friend and a handsome friend. they're bound to talk to us." karl smiled at dream.

"what does that make us?" sapnap stood pointing inbetween himself and karl.

"...the funny ones?" karl wasn't exactly sure.

"shut up." dream rolled his eyes. "i'd date the hell out of sapnap."

sapnap fluttered his eyelashes, "thanks babe." a kiss was pressed to his cheek. dream smiled, glancing at george who looked to be strangling sapnap in his head.

"would you date me?" karl frowned to the taller.

dream turned to george who was now staring him directly in the eyes. he looked back to karl. "i can't say? i feel like i'd hook up with you, but i think it's a deal breaker that you're funnier than me. it's always my goal to make my significant other smile." his eyes reached george, who only rolled his in response, trying to hide the smile that came to his face.

"i'd date dream." sapnap spoke from beside him.

"i would too, he's tall..." karl stopped listing good things about him.

both dream and sapnap started laughing.

karl smiled. "what about george, would you date george?" dream stopped laughing to look at the other. george's eyes widened.

"who wouldn't date george." it wasn't a question. dream knew the answer. george turned away, the blush on his face burning into the bones of the blonde.

sapnap and karl started listing all the pleasing features george had. dream watched from afar, smiling at the older.

"stop it. you guys are too much to handle all at once." george hid his face behind his arms.

both karl and sapnap had the same idea, speaking at the same time. "that's what she said."

all four of them burst into laughter.

**

karl left with sapnap after his shift, leaving dream with george. as the night became day they grew more and more delirious.

"you're so dainty." dream looked up from folding coffee filters to lock eyes with george, who had been holding a cup of coffee in between his hands, the steam heating his face.

"what?" dream could feel himself scoff.

"your hands are too big for you to be that gentle." george shook his head but his eyes stayed glued to the others hands.

dream looked down to inspect his own hands. "why are you so invested in my hands?" he quirked an eyebrow and smirked at the older.

"i'm not." george blushed. "it's just, sapnap is barbaric compared to you."

dream smiled, "that's because sapnap doesn't know how to love."

george turned away, voice low to hide his embarrassment. "don't make this weird."

dream laughed, turning to admire the shyness of the other.

"why'd you change your mind about the party?" dream couldn't seem to control what passed through his lips. george stared at dream before again looking away.

"it seemed like it would be fun."

"did i win you over with my irresistible charm." he threw in a wink for good measure.

george began choking on his coffee. dream giggled at his reaction. after a few glares george had calmed down and dream spoke up again.

"tell me." he frowned pretending to be sad.

"you definitely helped make my decision."

dream smiled again, "i'll take it. we're going to have so much fun, i heard there's going to be cup pong. we can team against sapnap and karl."

"slow down, don't get ahead of yourself, don't forget, i can leave whenever i please."

dream frowned.