:: forty-nine ::

"i'm literally so tired." quackity whined, throwing himself face first into the blanket on the floor.

"you can say that again." karl draped the blanket over his shoulders before laying perpendicular to the man already on the ground.

george left dream's side, eagerly waiting to fall back asleep. he claimed the couch for them, spreading out as far as he could to take up space. dream helped sapnap gather all of their bowls and the trash littered around the living room.

sapnap finished rinsing the bowls and lead dream back out of the kitchen. the blonde sat beside george, watching as sapnap turned off the t.v. laying beside karl on the floor. everyone else seemed to be alseep already.

"goodnight, i hope you had a good birthday dream."

the only light in the room, coming from the street lamps beyond the curtains. george tucked himself under dream's arm, trying to push as far as he could into the blonde's side. dream decided to help the struggling george by wrapping his arm around him, pulling them onto their sides. dream fixed the blanket so their feet weren't peeking out from underneath it. he tucked the blanket against george and then followed by tucking his own legs into the warmth of the fabric.

he laid down on his back behind the man. pulling up the blanket over his shoulder, he made sure to keep it out of george's face. he let out a breath trying to avoid the magnetic feeling wired into his brain that made him want to wrap an arm around the sleeping boy beside him. he held his breath when the man shuffled, turning to face the blonde.

"are you awake?"

dream turned from the ceiling to try and distinguish the features of the man's face in the almost complete darkness.

"i am." he whispered, digging his nails into his palms to prevent himself from reaching a hand up and tracing the lines of george's lips.

"you should be asleep."

dream could imagine the way his pink lips would drop down into a frown. the space between them felt empty in the silence, yet neither of them seemed to want to acknowledge it.

"you should be too." dream turned back towards the ceiling, hoping it would distract him from the long dark eyelashes of the older man laying beside him. the heat captured beneath his skin making him feel the need to flee.

"i can't sleep."

"you were sleeping fine in the car?"

"i'm cold again."

dream furrowed his eyebrows. he had never taken his sweatshirt back and they both were under a thick blanket. he felt hot just thinking about the many layers of clothes the man wore.

"how? i'm sweating."

george pressed his hand into the crook of dream's neck. his hand was definitely very cold, however it seemed to calm the restless boiling heat inside the blonde. "oh."

george never retracted his hand, resting his arm on the blonde's chest. "hold me?"

dream could imagine every molecule of air leaving his lungs. "george...i- i don't think i should." he glanced between the man's eyes, scanning for any form of hesitation.

"please?" the darkness was working in george's favor, had there been light in the room dream would've been able to see how dilated the man's pupils were. who knows what the blonde would do with that picture in his head.

dream turned onto his side, leaning his head on his bicep, as he slowly reached an arm over george's waist, waiting for when the boy would tell him to stop. george never did, instead he pressed his face closer into the center of dream's chest. inhaling the heat that surrounded them.

when dream's arm was wrapped around the brown haired boy from beside him, he couldn't help but pull him in closer. george gripped the fabric of dream's t-shirt in the minimal amount of space between them. dream rested his nose on the top of the man's head.

he thought about feeling george's cool skin under his fingertips, and then he craved it. he felt tempted, but his brain told him against it. it was a need that would never be sufficed ever again, he had to act now. his hand dared, fumbling with the hem of the sweatshirt worn by the boy in his arms. slowly, he slid his hand underneath the sweatshirt to press into the small of george's back.

george shuffled in his arms, turning around to press his back into dream's chest, seeming not to care about the hand that rested on his heart. instead he slithered his arm up underneath the sweatshirt to play with dream's fingers.

"can you talk to me?" george's voice was quieter having been spoken in the opposite direction.

"you're asking for a lot...but okay." dream settled into the position, waiting for george to get comfortable as well. he rubbed his feet on dream's waiting for the blonde to interlock their legs. obviously dream obliged, he was ready to give the man anything, all george had to do was ask.

"i didn't think i was going to enjoy my first birthday away from home, but you guys made it amazing. my birthday was always my favorite time of year because i always got to spend a crazy amount of time with techno. when i moved i obviously wouldn't get that same opportunity. so i wanted to thank you. sapnap made me realize today, how happy you've made me lately, and if it wasn't for you i have no idea what i'd be doing right now."

he was quiet, making sure george would be the only one to hear him in the event someone else was awake. the decision was made before he could even dispute it; he pressed a kiss to the top of george's head. "thank you."

he thought for a while, of course he'd love to be back at home to see his friends again, but right now there was no place he'd rather be.

sappy little chapter from a tired little author. i'm going to sleep now but i hope you enjoy this one it made me feel really lonely *sobs*