:: seventy-five ::

-270k readers special-

i can't believe just a few months ago i was dreaming about doing something like this without any motivation to follow through. i used to think it wouldn't be very successful, and here we are (,: you guys have the ability to make me a million times happier just from your comments, it feels special to me that people are joking about things i've come up with inside my brain. i love you all very dearly <3 (accidentally forgot to publish this chapter and i was wondering why no one was interacting with it LOL)

dream didn't need to made an effort to stay away from george, in fact, george handled that fairly easily himself. he knew this was his fault, both dream and sapnap had proven that to him through the words they had spat the other day, he had to live through the consequences of his actions. despite it all, he still checked his phone every morning, trying to convince himself he wasn't expecting to see a text from the blonde.

those nights felt like his own personal living hell. some days he slept too much, other days, not so much. everyday, however, he managed to wake with a pounding headache. an ache in his head that seemed to persist through every waking moment he was in absence of the taller.

today was no different.

if anything, today seemed to be the worst of it all.

he stared at his reflection for the first time since the cutoff of his daily interactions with anyone other than wilbur. the red in his face didn't feel pleasing like the red dream had brought about did. this red was sore and puffy. his irritated eyes were draped by swollen eyelids, daring to fall and send him back into his slumber. the red was accented by the dark purple bags that lay below his eyes.

he frowned, reaching his hands up to press his fingers to the delicate skin. when his fingers pressed to his face he couldn't help but compare his touch to that of the blonde's. the blonde's touch, which had always been gentle, even when the brunette's wasn't. george shut his eyes, dropping his hands from his face.

a knock at the door sprung him to action, he didn't hesitate before opening the door to his roommate.

"you alright?"

he nodded, watching the other nod before turning from the bathroom, before he could get far george stopped him. "will?"

the much taller man turned to face him, waiting patiently for his words.

"i think i'm going to end it with him."

wilbur's face lit up immediately, seeming to know exactly who he had been talking about. "that's wonderful george." the smile that reached his face was so contagious it brought a smile to george, despite the dread that was looming in his stomach.

george nodded. "i'm tired of avoiding my friends because of some idiot." the statement was directed towards himself, he was trying to turn that last slivers of lingering doubt that he still felt.

"that's the spirit." wilbur nudged him with his elbow. "i was thinking of visiting dream at his job today, maybe we can go together?"

every shred of confidence he built up over the lonely days seemed to shatter at the words. "...dream?" his voice was tiny, wavering in the long hallway.

wilbur seemed to sense his panic, offering support for the brunette who stared down at the floorboards underneath his feet. "you don't have to, of course, i was just thinking it would be nice to see him after so long."

george had to will his lungs to release the air he was holding in. "it would be." if he agreed to see the blonde he'd have even more motivation to finally be over whatever exactly it was he had with jared.

"whenever you're ready, you just let me know." wilbur smiled at george as he retreated into the living room. leaving george to get his life together, alone.

first on the agenda was to take a shower, finally after all the unproductive days that stacked with tears. his mind wandered back to the conversation himself, sapnap, and dream had about showers all that time ago, when they had been coddled in the warm inviting environment of the coffee shop.

he was doing this for that.

those conversations were better than anything jared had to offer.

**

'this is over'

he bit at his nails as he stared at the message relayed on the bright screen blaring back at him, awaiting an answer. when he saw the typing bubble he wasn't sure whether to feel thankful or distressed.

the response came quicker than he had wanted.

'you're not serious'

'i am.'

he typed with faux confidence, hoping the anxiety that swallowed the message couldn't be read on the other side of the line.

'is that blonde kid making you do this?'

the gentle smile of the blonde that flashed into his brain helped him fight against the problem at hand.

'this has nothing to do with him'

'c'mon georgie don't be like that, you're overreacting'

george decided to think back on the situation before coming to a verdict. the only reason he kept jared around was because he was scared he'd never find anyone else to make him feel special, without even being in a relationship with dream, the blonde had made the brunette feel more than jared ever had.

'i know what i want, and you are not it. don't text me, and don't you dare come to my apartment'

he sent the message, watching as it turned from 'delivered' to 'read.' he watched as the other began typing, blocking the number before he had a chance to redeem himself.

he was free.

**

together he and wilbur walked to the small cafe, the place that held the people he wanted to see the most. the entire walk there, wilbur shared his suppressed hatred for jared, agreeing he was attractive, and closing the discussion by expressing the fact that he wasn't gay.

as they neared the doors he felt himself detach from the conversation.

"do you think they will be mad?"

wilbur chuckled shrugging his shoulders. "maybe, but i think they're excitement to see you after all this time apart, will make them forget about why they were mad in the first place."

george nodded, standing beside wilbur as they pushed opened the doors, immediately the first words that rung though his ears almost sent him barreling to the floor.

"i think i might actually go back to my hometown."

i have a love-hate relationship with exclamation points. i don't like using them when i'm writing but i use them all the time when i'm texting! i don't think i did george justice in this chapter, but i think it's because i'm tired again