:: sixty-three ::

to say the least, when they finally arrived at the bathroom, dream was shitting bricks. he wasn't the type of person to apologize, and he had no idea what he would say. he squeezed george's hand, hoping the feeling would help thoughts run through his brain.

he checked to make sure they were alone before he pulled george into his chest, burying his face in the brunette's neck, and holding his eyes shut. "i know you're upset with me, and although i might not know exactly why, i can tell it was because of something i said." he breathed in, suddenly feeling very overwhelmed.

"i want you to know that's i say dumb things sometimes and i never think about what i'm saying and who it could hurt, but i would never say something with the intent to hurt you. especially not on your birthday." having george in his arms reminded him of his last day at home, hugging everyone before he left.

he bit his lip when he felt george wrap his arms around him.

"it's okay. i keep comparing you to someone you're not, and it's hurting my feelings more than it needs to." george chuckled into the air. "it's okay, i forgive you."

dream pulled out of the embrace to cradle george's face in his hands. their eyes never moved from the other's.

"i'm having a lot of fun today, thank you dream, this is my favorite birthday yet."

he didn't hide his smile, as he leaned in to press a kiss to george's forehead, retreating to stare at the look on the brunette's face. he leaned in again, pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose, followed by a kiss to both corner's of his lips. he leaned back smiling as george held his eyes shut, a giant grin dancing on his lips.

"happy birthday, georgie."

"thank you." george spoke which his eyes still held shut.

"c'mon they're probably looking for us now." dream grabbed george's hand again, pulling him out of the bathroom.

"can i get on your back? my legs hurt so badly."

"how could i say no to you on your birthday?" dream waited for george to clamber onto his back, settling his thighs in the blonde's hands.

dream wasn't sure how he got out of this situation so quickly, but he knew for a fact the smile on george's face was full on happy.

"how come i always end up carrying you?" dream asked in front of himself, knowing george could hear him.

"i like how easily you can pick me up." george hid his face in dream's shoulder blade, not meaning to have said that.

"i don't mind carrying you." dream shuffled the boy on his back to prove his point.

when they returned to the table, the guys were nowhere to be found. "do you think they left already?"

"sapnap would never."

dream shook his head, "he probably wouldn't leave you, but he wouldn't pass up the chance to leave me."

"that cancels out."

george was so sure of himself it made dream laugh. "that's definitely not how it works."

dream walked them over to the front desk, hoping he would find the other three.

they hadn't come looking for the two, because they appeared to still be pulling the skates off of quackity's feet.

"what happened?" george asked, directing the attention away from quackity and moving it onto the two.

"perfect, you guys made up, now help us get these fucking skates off."

they sat on either side of quackity, pulling at his legs as they tried so desperately to remove the skates. getting to the point they contemplated just buying the skates and leaving, but alas, quackity was freed.

"i'm never going roller skating ever again, this was traumatic." quackity rubbed as his feet.

"this was traumatic for more than just you." karl laughed as he handed in the skates.

dream turned from the conversation, no longer interested. "you should try to carry me now." he winked at george.

george shook his head with a smile, "that sounds like a terrible idea. you should carry me."

"no fair." dream huffed, turning around to let george on his back. they walked to the car like that, sapnap regretted not bringing a sweatshirt.

"my mouth is so cold, karl you should kiss me."

"say less." in the span of a second, karl grabbed sapnap's face and smashed a kiss right into the center of his lips.

when they pulled apart the only thing uttered from sapnap was a prolonged "woo," he screamed into the parking lot.

"me and george next." quackity joked, turning to the brunette, and cowering away when he caught glance of the dream's hard gaze. "no, never mind."

then they all squeezed into the car, heading to their second destination of the day.

"you missed an exit, my apartment is down that way." george knew they were going back to his, after the day was over, what he hadn't known, was that there was a vital missing part of the plan that they were on their way to pick up, right at the moment.

"we're not going to your apartment." was all sapnap said, smirking as he continued down a highway. george turned to dream again.

"are you going to tell me?"

dream shook his head. "i don't think i will."

"why not?" george frowned, resting his chin on dream's arm.

"you've already gotten four kisses out of me today, what more could you want?"

george smiled, closing his eyes with a content look on his face, seeming to remember the previous events that took place in the bathroom.

"what did you get me, is it as cool as new shoes?" george's eyes popped open to ask the question to the blonde.

dream tried to hide his smile, "what if i didn't get you anything?" he tried to look at george with a straight face, but was currently failing.

"you wouldn't be smiling like an oaf if you didn't." george poked a finger into dream's cheek.

ended up on sock puppet youtube, don't know how i got here, kept getting distracted by it tho. what do you guys think dream got george?