:: forty-eight ::

-60k readers special-

i don't know what to say this time around, i wish you all well, i thank you for your support, and i hope you stick around for the rest of the story!

dream enjoyed the movie, it had nothing to do with the plot, or the cinematography. he enjoyed the movie because of how many times it made george hide his face in dream's arm. after the first movie dream realized george was trying to fight off sleep, slowly easing his weight into dream's.

"i'm not ready to sleep yet, we're going for a ride." sapnap stood from the floor, hitting quackity's foot.

dream nudged george, being careful not to wake him up abruptly. "we're going for a ride." the man stretched his legs, yawning from beside the blonde. dream watched comparing the action to that of his cat.

he stood and unlocked the doors to the car, letting the other three into the car as he waited behind for george. when they approached the car dream noticed they left the passenger seat open for george. karl and quackity were sitting by the doors in the back, leaning their head on the windows daring to fall asleep. both himself and sapnap seemed to be the only ones not completely worn out from the day.

sapnap of course put on music, limiting it to slower songs at a low volume.

"i'm cold." george held his sides trying to push out the breeze. dream was quick to pull off his sweatshirt, handing it to the man beside him. "thank you." george smiled, letting the fabric warm him.

"where are we going?" dream asked sapnap, pulling out of the driveway.

"around? well find somewhere to go."

and so they did, they drove around listening to quiet slow songs as the heat in the car circled. dream watched george's head lull forward before he was jolted awake. they'd share a smile and george would rest his head against the window again. they were on a highway when sapnap started talking to him directly.

"so you and george?"

dream glanced at him through the mirror. "yeah?"

"they're alseep dream, we haven't had the chance to talk, just me and you."

dream turned to the man sleeping in his hoodie pressed to the door of the car.

"you don't think i've noticed?" sapnap followed his gaze.

dream bit down on his lip, resting a hand on his thigh.

"i remember that first day you walked into The Grind. i thought specifically, 'this doof doesn't deserve to look this upset with that height of his'." sapnap shook his head.

dream bit down on his tongue to quiet his laugh. "what, your inner thoughts are spoken in shakespearean dialect?"

sapnap chuckled, "...you haven't looked that upset since you met george, you guys are always connected at the hip."

dream thought about all the times seeing george sat at the counter of The Grind, automatically made his day better.

"he's pulled some serious laughs out of you. i'm not jealous, no." sapnap scrolled through his phone as he spoke.

"hopefully your sister will always like me better than him though, i don't know what i'd do if she liked george more than me."

"well she might like techno more than you?"

sapnap shook his head, "i'm not trying to top techno."

"that's probably a good idea."

"you told george about him?"

dream thought back to the worn stickers on his skateboard.

"i felt like it was necessary, yeah."

sapnap's stomach growled, loud enough to be heard over the music.

"me too man." dream laughed from the driver seat. they pulled into a drive through, waking all of the guys one by one to ask their order. quackity seemed to wake up at the mention of free food.

dream felt his eyelids grow heavy. "you'll take over on the way back?" dream asked sapnap as he handed over cash to the lady.

he pulled to the next window. "drive? yeah, and quackity and george can swap."

dream nodded, imagining the way george would rest into his side, the noise of his quiet breathing sending the blonde to sleep. he looked over to watch george inspecting his hands.

when they received the food dream pulled over to swap seats with the other boys, karl refused to wake up to eat, he insisted he'd eat tomorrow.

"carry me out?" george held open his arms asking for dream to pick him up. dream shook his head, pulling the older out of the passenger seat, and sliding him into the back. he sat down beside george, waiting for sapnap to hand them their food.

"this car is basically brand new, can we try to keep it that way?" dream asked into the air, hoping it would land for someone.

"yeah, yeah." sapnap pulled out of the parking lot, talking to quackity about twitch.

george linked his arm around dream's to dip his fries. dream copied the movement, dipping his fries aswell. george however dipped his fries out of cycle and accidentally send dream's fist into his face.

"oh my god, i'm sorry george." dream and george laughed, they decided to release their arms after that. dream turned out the window to watch as the world passed by. george pulled on his sleeve, opening his phone to a picture of george in dream's arms their sweatshirt strings tied together.

"when did you take that?" dream turned to question george.

"that's not important, look it's almost not your birthday anymore."

dream read the clock on george's phone. 11:54

"can i tell you a secret?"

"of course." dream lent over to let george whisper into his ear.

"happy birthday." george whispered, pressing a kiss to dream's cheek.

dream's skin tingled. he had kissed george many times before, but this was the first time george initiated it. dream lifted a hand to brush the skin, a smile forming on his face. he turned to george to see his camera open.

he smiled at the screen, allowing george to snap a picture.

the blush on dream's face was evident, and although george forced a smile, the happiness in his eyes was something that could never be faked. dream rested his head on top of george's.

my guy friend sent me a dick pic...i think we're closer as friends now. i need rest before mcc i hope to see you in chat (: