:: sixty-seven ::

"none of that was planned." sapnap threw the lube filled condom to quackity, who then passed it to karl. the pink haired boy repeating the cycle. dream watched as george gathered the destroyed boxes.

"i don't believe you. there's no way." george shook his head.

"i'm serious. i bought mine online, i didn't even have to wrap it." sapnap didn't catch the flying latex, it smacking him in the face before rolling down his chin, landing on the floor in front of him. "ow." he mumbled as he picked it up, tossing it across the room again.

"i can believe that, sapnap isn't really good at wrapping things, and i know for a fact he didn't wrap that either." dream's eyes watched every movement that contributed to the condom flying through the air.

"what dream said." he paused. "wait."

"i'm throwing all of this away." george stood by his dining table, watching as his friends had more fun with his gifts then he would.

sapnap scoffed, messing up the cycle to throw to george. the older catching it in his hands. "you can't just throw it away."

"those are your gifts, george." karl stood from where he sat, gesturing for george to throw it at him.

"don't act like you won't use them." sapnap turned away from him.

george huffed, crossing his arms. "i won't."

"none of us believe that. throw the damn condom george." quackity stayed sitting on the floor.

dream couldn't help but remember what the air reminded him of. "it smells like sex in here."

quackity scoffed, "we get it dream, you've had sex before." he sat still seeming to contemplate his existence. hands flying to his eyes as he pretend to cry again.

"no i'm just saying." dream felt that was kind of his fault.

"you're taking this with you." he shifted to watch george point down at the dildo still sitting on the floor.

sapnap shook his head. "oh, i'm definitely not doing that."

"i don't want it." george stared at it, turning away, disgusted.

"you say that now." karl laid back into the couch. "throw the condom george."

"i say that now, and i mean it. what would i use that for?" wrong question to ask sapnap, karl, and quackity.

**

"how come we can't stay over?" dream was hoping he'd get to resume his birthday cuddle with george on the older's birthday.

sapnap almost full on laughed. "you're kidding." quackity and karl already said their goodbyes, waiting in the car for sapnap to drop them off at home.

dream shook his head, frowning as he turned to george, hoping the older would do something, yet knowing he wouldn't.

"i don't want to imagine what you guys would get up to if we stayed over tonight. we just supplied you with everything you'd need. i don't want to be in the same house when that happens." sapnap began leaving the apartment, walking away from a flushed george, and a speechless dream.

"i'll give you five minutes, say your goodbyes, i'll be in the car." and just like that, he was out of the door.

"happy birthday george." dream stood by the door, knowing soon he'd have to leave.

"weirdest birthday i've had yet." he chuckled. "don't know what do do with all of this now."

"...keep it." dream shrugged, not fully understanding the hesitation to keep the presents in his property. he glanced behind george to acknowledge the dildo that sat on the floor, unmoving from where it landed after hitting sapnap in the face.

george rolled his eyes, smiling up to the blonde. "of course you'd say that." he stepped closer, not wanting to be far apart from dream in the open room.

"what does that mean?" dream smiled, watching as their height difference became distinguished the closer to himself the other grew. he constantly resisted the urge to pull george in by his waist.

"do you have to go?" george's smile faltered, eyes studying the tips of dream's hoodie strings.

"hey, at least you'll get to open my present?" he knew at the moment, him staying alone with george wasn't in his best interest. he reached his hands out to fiddle with the hood of george's sweatshirt, his hands suddenly craving to be in the shorter's warmth.

"if your present is anything like theirs, i might just prefer you being here instead." george frowned, still unconvinced.

"i wish i could stay..."

not sure what i would do if we were here alone.

george frowned back up to dream. "i don't want to sleep alone on my birthday."

dream felt the breath in his lungs leave. he thought for a second, looking into the dark that was george's eyes. their faces feeling closer now than they had been before.

"what about the cat from the carnival?"

"not the same." george pushed his face into dream's chest. the taller wrapping his arms around his frame.

"you'll see me at work, and we have plans, don't forget that. i'll see you very soon."

george unburied his face from dream's chest, head snapped up to reach his eyes, arms still hooked around him. although he was not longer frowning he wasn't smiling either.

"c'mere." softly george whispered into the air. scared if he was too loud dream would disappear.

dream leaned in closer, expecting george to whisper him a secret, maybe even a confession. waiting for his voice to ring clear into his brain.

instead, a kiss was pressed to the tip of his nose. a fluttery eyelashed brunette boy smiling back up at him.

"thank you." dream pulled george into his chest, knowing he was going to miss the feeling, while trying to occupy his mind when he attempted to fall asleep tonight.

beeping outside pulled them apart, despite their reluctance. dream hurried out the door, waving frantically behind him, knowing missing george now would be worth it, for when he'd be able to see him again. that didn't make it easier. he watched as george disappeared behind his door, a frown set on the blonde's face.