:: eighty ::

i understand you guys are upset with george but hear him through, things like this can be hard to overcome. i've seen a handful of comments from people who feel they were overreacting when they were in a situation similar, if you are one of those people i want you to know your feelings are valid, i will always be here to talk, i love you all (:

lightning struck. dream felt himself flinch at the accompanying noise.

"afterwards he was flaunting it, trying to pawn me off to his other friends."george laughed to himself, "i should've know then to walk away. he left me for a bunch of other people in the same day, i could hear them in the room over. i guess i wanted to believe he was still the guy i met when i moved in. which is dumb but whatever."

dream could tell he was beating himself up over this, he couldn't help but wonder if he had told anyone else about this.

"he took me on a date the next day, and he was always saying 'i love you,' 'nobody will love you like i do,' 'i will never leave you.' stupid things i used to believe."

"george it's not stupid."

the brunette didn't say anything, internalizing the hatred he felt for himself at the moment. "well he was lying, so it doesn't matter."

every passing moment george spoke, another ember lit in dream's heart that amplified his newborn hatred for jared.

"we were together, but apparently we weren't exclusive. or maybe we weren't together at all and i just read the situation wrong. it doesn't matter. he used to bring me 'gifts?' like things he wanted me to wear and he'd get mad." george spoke the last word unbelieving. pausing his sentence in time for another strike of lightning.

"he'd get mad, if i didn't send them at the right time, i was supposed to know, when he wanted them."

dream thought back to the night of george's birthday, his silence was interpreted in the wrong means.

george shook his head from where it rested against dream's ribs. "as the days went by he got more aggressive and less affectionate. well, it's not like he was very affectionate in the first place, but i noticed. i didn't have much to look forward to, so when that was taken from me it was fairly obvious."

the blonde's heart sped and slowed seemingly at every word that left the brunette's lips. he didn't know how to feel.

"he cheated on me a lot, and i mean a lot, if you could even call it cheating, since i guess we weren't exclusive." he spoke in hysterics reliving every moment he was with jared. "he left me at parties, even in our own dorm, just so he could go out and meet other people."

the clouds seemed to be as upset as the two inside the house, flashes of light from the weather outside shining into the apartment through the curtains.

dream wrapped his other arm around the brunette's torso, pulling him closer into his chest, to comfort the both of them. he remembered the day he climbed the stairs at the party only to find george crying.

"when he found out about you he used to text me and accuse me of cheating whenever i told him i was out with you. oh my god, he used to say the worst things about you and i started to expect you to be the person he was saying you were." his words were followed by two consecutive cracks of lightning.

dream recalled all the times he'd watch george type away at his phone, getting increasingly more frustrated at the screen.

"one night i came back to our dorm and i walked in on him and one of our friends, and get this, he broke up with me. apparently that was the last straw."

dream thought that had been the end of the story.

"we never lost contact though, i'd go over, he'd come over, the night of my birthday he showed up and one thing led to another...but i didn't think he'd tell you about it..."

george pressed farther into dream's chest.

"i'm sorry you had to hear about it. you wouldn't have had to if i would've just ended it with him sooner."

they were silent again.

"will hates him, he was an asshole to be fair, so he deserved that much."

dream hated the question that hung in his mind, scared for the answer. "why...why'd you keep him around?"

george titled his head back to finally lock eyes with the blonde.

"he had a big dick." george smiled, leaving dream to choke on air as the brunette returned to face forward pressed against the blonde's chest. "i wouldn't tell him that though, his ego is big enough as is. plus he didn't know what he was doing with it."

"gross george."

george giggled. "i'm sorry, i'm just kidding." his hands returned to the bracelet.

"he was the first person to make me feel accepted. i kept him around because i knew even if we weren't together he still accepted me as a person. that was new to me. you showed me that there were better people out in the world though, so i ended it with him. for real this time."

dream tried to hold back the feeling of triumph, which turned sour before he could cherish it. after learning all the reasons behind george's actions he felt terrible about all the things he had said. "i'm sorry for-"

"don't you dare be sorry." george turned around in dream's arms to look the man straight in the eye. "if anything, i had no right to be angry, i left you hanging, and i'm sorry."

dream smiled down at him.

"wait," george removed himself from dream's arms, pulling off his sweatshirt to switch it out for the first sweatshirt that sat at the top of the stack, forgotten on the table. "better." he smiled, sliding himself back into dream's arms.

dream felt his heart stop clenching from anger, and instead started clenching from feelings he couldn't explain. this was new to him. he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to explain why he felt so compelled to forgive the brunette. for now he'd have to settle for the idea that he didn't like being away from him.

george didn't lead dream on, dream was the first time he had tried reaching for an exit (he was simply testing the waters, if you will)