:: fifty-two ::

dream enjoyed the feeling of george's hand in his, which is why he knew exactly when it had been taken from him. he looked up from his feet to question him. george looked beyond dream, eyes wide. of course this caused dream to turn in the direction, concerned for the man's reaction.

"where are you going?" sapnap stood in front of dream with a smirk on his face, karl standing off to the side.

only his luck.

"we were..." he thought for a second, scanning the area for an excuse.

"we were going to go look for you." george cut in no longer wanting to be in the awkward situation.

"you know karl, i didn't think i took too long." sapnap crossed his arms, turning to the bright pink haired boy. karl nodded, sipping out of a cup.

"we were getting bored, standing up there alone." dream pointed behind himself, chewing on his lips as he tried to subtly avoid sapnap's knowing gaze.

"with all your stuff?" karl motioned to the sweatshirt in dream's arms.

"we didn't want it to get stolen."

"what about my stuff?" sapnap stared at dream, the smirk on his face turning into a full smile, knowing he was the reason the two boys were so embarrassed.

"well we're here now, we can go back up." karl obviously wasn't too in on the situation, yet he still contributed to increasing the heat on their combined faces. george didn't argue, instead he turned around, racing back up the stairs to their spot on the benches.

sapnap threw an arm around dream's shoulder smiling as he handed dream a cup. "your sister texted me saying you were leaving. of course i had to see it to believe it."

dream glared in front of himself.

his own blood.

his sister was a cockblock.

he shook his head, finally the situation dawning in on him. he and george almost left a football game they all decided to go to, to do who knows what. the flush grew deeper, his hands flying up to hide the color in his face, whining into his fingers.

karl raced up the stairs leaving dream and sapnap alone. dream knew he wasn't going to enjoy this conversation.

"what was your plan?"

"there was no plan."

"what we're you planning to do once you left?"

dream rubbed his lips together, trying to hide his embarrassment, knowing it would only fuel sapnap's teasing. the cold in the cup on his face provided a grounding feeling for him to focus on.

"i hope it's not as bad as i'm imagining."

"shut up. don't imagine anything."

"oh it's bad isn't it?"

dream huffed.

"you guys wake up together in each other's arms once, and now your leaving get togethers with no warning? that's kind of suspicious dream."

dream knew sapnap was joking, but the words still played with his fragile heart strings.

"sapnap." dream practically cried out, begging for him to stop.

"alright i'll stop, but we will be talking about this later." he unhooked his arm from around dream's shoulder, pushing into the seat beside george.

they sat beside each other, hands in their laps, embarrassed to talk, let alone look at the other. dream handed george the cup, no longer feeling thirsty.

...in more ways than one.

"thank you." george wrapped his hands around the cup, settling it into his lap as well.

dream could see the flush on george's knuckles, smiling, knowing he wasn't the only embarrassed one. he'd have to learn how to control himself, this was no good.

"i'm sorry." he chuckled, glancing at the side of george's face before he turned to the field watching the players stretch.

"don't be sorry."

"i feel like i have to be."

"you didn't let me feel embarrassed earlier, i can't let you feel sorry now."

dream smiled.

"we wouldn't be in this situation if i didn't pressure you though." he mentally punched himself in the face, disappointed in his actions.

"you didn't pressure me, i went willingly."

dream turned to face george, the man smiled back at him, the blush on his face still not having settled.

"besides i blame sapnap for this."

"that's something i can get behind." he turned back to field, watching the players warming up in their heavy equipment. he remembered when he was in football, and then he shook the thought, no longer wanting to remember being tackled by guys dripping sweat.

george tapped his shoulder, pointing beside him to sapnap. dream leaned over george, waiting to listen to what sapnap had to say now.

"the carnival is going to be in town like next week, do you want to go?"

he felt george nodding, so he agreed.

"i've never been to the carnival over here." he sat beside george, thinking about the carnival at home.

"you have to go, it's so pretty when it gets dark out."

dream nodded, imagining george staring up at bright lights as they reflected off of his face. he smiled at a memory of them at the carnival back home. "i remember when we went to the carnival back home, we were on the ferris wheel and-"

"-and tommy threw up when we were at the top. yeah, i was there." his sister sat behind him, finishing his sentence before he could.

he turned to glare at her, "i wasn't talking to you."

"you should be." she smiled poking her tongue out. "anyways, i need five dollars to get popcorn." she clasped her hands together, batting her eyelashes as she asked without words. dream rolled his eyes, pulling out his wallet and handing her a five dollar bill. "and i'm going to tell mom about you trying to leave me here alone earlier."

he glared at her handing over another five. she smiled, hugging him before running back down the stairs.

"you're a good brother."

dream turned from watching her to frown at george. "she's blackmailing me."

"oh." they started laughing and for once dream was glad his sister was able to turn the direction of a situation.

i got hit by a car yesterday LOL (i'm fine don't worry about me) i'm going to try to get some work done, and then maybe i'll post another chapter d: