:: seventy ::

dream loved cradling george, he loved hugging him, and picking him up, and locking himself in the presence that's was simply george. the way every breath left his lips, the way his smile showed before he finished a joke. it was intoxicating, being close to him, and dream didn't want to live without it.

however this proved to be difficult when george seemed to evade his company, so you can imagine when the older came bouncing out of his apartment wearing the soft light yellow sweatshirt dream almost passed out at the sight. george was willing to wear something that physically showed he belonged to dream even if he hadn't quite known it yet.

he bit down on his palm. watching as george pulled open the door to the car, sitting down beside dream.

"hi george." his sister smirked at sapnap.

"hello dream's sister." he smiled back, with a playful grin. she squinted at him.

"george you're wearing yellow." sapnap glanced at them from the rearview mirror.

"i am." george smiled, obviously having enjoyed his break from dream more than dream enjoyed his break from george.

maybe that's how it was supposed to be. maybe george needed to be away from him, for the better. dream would have to deal with it, anytime george decided he no longer could be around dream. he sighed, only then noticing george stared back at him.

"you're staring." george waved a hand in front of dream's face, trying to gain his focus.

dream cleared his throat, blinking as he focused on the pale skin brought out by the yellow of george's sweatshirt. "sorry."

"you got this sweatshirt in my size." george sat back in his seat, tracing his finger against the small embroidered 'D' on the hem of the sleeve. "did you see this?" he pointed his sleeve at the blonde.

dream knew it was there, it was honestly the reason he had chosen that sweatshirt over others. just a little reminder to george that he would always be close. and a reminder to dream that george wouldn't mind being in his possession.

"let's you know that i'm always close." maybe he shouldn't complete the thought, not completely sure how the other would react. instead he smiled, his grin widening, yet not feeling the happy.

no matter what he had done, he couldn't get the last text he received from george, out of his head. what did it mean?

george didn't speak about it, so dream pretended he had forgotten about the situation, yet every now and then he'd be back there, walking away from george's house with a heavy heart, feeling guilty for the man's seclusion.

**

by the time they arrived at the laser tag site, dream and george were back to normal. smiling at each other and reaching out to touch every sliver of visible skin they could get their hands on. quackity and karl made it evident they both hated and loved watching the two interact.

as per his sister's request they stopped by an off brand fast food joint to eat something before they went off on their way to crush the other team.

"i want to break all the rules. i want to jump, run, climb. all of it." sapnap sat back in the booth, stealing fries from dream on the entire opposite end of the table as him. between both sapnap and george's habits of stealing from him he had a total of zero fries for himself.

"can i tackle people?" his sister asked, sat between quackity and karl.

"yeah." both karl and quackity smiled.

"no." dream shook his head.

"no fair dream." quackity pouted, slumping into the plush seats. both karl and his sister mocking the behavior. he thought it was strange how similar his sister and his friends were.

"if you can successfully tackle someone, then i guess i can't be upset." he glanced among their faces, watching smiles spread.

"dream i think you're forgetting she absolutely bodied you in a game of dodgeball." sapnap offered a high-five to his sister. karl laughing at the memory.

as they finished their food they described that day to quackity, who had unfortunately missed out on the opportunity of watching it first hand.

**

dream turned at the noise of george yelping as he was pulled from beside him. behind him he watched as a man a few inches shorter than him, yet taller than george, held an arm around the brunette's neck. george weakly pried at his arm, trying to open his airways.

his eyebrows knit together and he knew he had to do something.

"what the fuck is wrong with you." dream spat his words, beginning to pry george from his grasp.

the man looked up to see dream and cringed away from him, releasing george from his grip. the brunette took in air, hands rubbing at the now pink skin around his neck.

"whats your problem asshole?" he pushed george away from the guy, sapnap and the lot watching from not far over as dream confronted the man who showed up out of nowhere.

"hey blondie, chill out, we're friends." he held up his hands, eyes smiling past dream to stare at george. "right georgie?"

dream cringed at the malicious use of his beloved nickname for the other. despite it, he turned to george, watching as the brunette pathetically nodded at the remark.

"see, all's well that ends well." he walked past them. pushing into the line in front of them.

dream didn't bother asking george where he knew the guy from. having a feeling in his stomach he didn't want to know.

sapnap clasped a hand onto his shoulder. "you alright?"

he glanced at his friend, eyes traveling to watch george as he held up his head, letting karl press his plastic cup of cold liquid against the irritated skin.

"sapnap i'm going to be a hundred percent honest with you right now."

sapnap squeezed at his shoulder.

"i'm pissed. i'm so fucking pissed right now."

you can say i make my chapters confusing because i want you guys to constantly think about my book, but i say i just don't know how to make stories make sense. also i had to google 'seventy' to make sure i wrote it correctly, the lowest of my lows