:: sixty ::

-165k readers special-

i keep forgetting to thank you guys for all these milestones, but i can assure you you're making me go crazy with joy! i tried updating this story to have it in time with christmas and thanksgiving, but that just didn't end up working out for me /:

again dream stood, pushed up against george's front door as he waited for the man on the other inside to let him in. he pulled out his phone when he felt it vibrate in his pocket. expecting a text from george.

he was jealous of me?

red, thank god, he needed to speak with her.

'he saw me get your number and i guess he misunderstood'

'yeah that's a strange interaction out of context'

'but don't worry, i told him bros before hoes, so he wouldn't think i would replace him'

she typed for a while, the bubble disappearing at moments.

'...'

again she began typing, this time her response was quick.

'i just slapped myself in the face so hard, why would you say that'

to say he didn't understand why he was wrong, was an understatement. dream thought he resolved the situation pretty easily.

'well it worked?'

she left him on seen.

maybe he deserved that.

when he heard shuffling behind the door he called out to george again.

"george, c'mon sapnap is waiting, he's going to kill us if we make him wait any longer."

he heard footsteps approach the door and stepped away from it, not wanting to fall on the floor when the door was opened. slowly it creaked open.

"i knew that voice was familiar."

dream immediately recognized the voice wasn't from his beloved george, but that didn't exclude that fact that the voice was indeed very familiar. his eyes traveled up the other's torso, meeting the familiar brunette's eyes.

"will?"

"dream." he greeted him with a lopsided grin, seeming to recall the memories when his eyes scanned the blonde's.

dream didn't know what to say, he didn't expect to see wilbur for years. "what are you doing here?"

wilbur blinked back, "i live here."

"...you're george's roommate?"

"you know george?"

dream pushed back his hair, hand lingering on either side of his head. "what the fuck."

"i believe he's getting ready right now, you can come in if you'd like?" wilbur stepped out of way of the door.

when dream stepped into the apartment, it felt different. he'd seen almost every aspect of it, every corner of the room he stood in, but it felt as if everything was pushed a little to the left.

"why aren't you home?" dream spun around from the living room, watching as will prepared a bowl of cereal.

"i flew out a little after you left, i got bored being around a bunch of people that just moped about how much they missed you." he stopped himself before he continued, "not tommy of course."

dream sat down on the couch with what felt like a hundred added pounds. "how long have you been here?"

"a little less that you've been." he spoke as if he wasn't surprised by the situation at all. "i always thought it was funny how george talked about a guy named dream, never put two and two together, and now, here you are."

"wilbur i'm loosing it right now." he stared up at the ceiling, his vision wasn't stationary.

"you should see techno." he finished his bowl of cereal, setting it in the sink and running it under water.

dream bit his lip, feeling guilt tangle into his spine. "is he alright?"

"who, techno? yeah he's fine, it's not like his best friend of years left him suddenly to attend a random college, and then never responded to any of his texts or anything."

sometimes wilbur wasn't the easiest person to talk to.

"but yeah, he's fine. how's your sister, is she well?"

"how long have you known george?" dream wasn't sure how he ended up in this situation.

"a little longer than I've been here, had to know my roommate before i moved in with him, you know?"

"yeah." dream didn't know why he agreed, he related to no part of this story at all.

"your sister, how is she?"

"you've been here the entire time, and i've never ran into you once?"

"well i'm usually very busy, don't you remember? always got places to be, and people to see. not that you could relate, you seem okay with never seeing people ever again."

dream scowled at the ceiling, why did it have to be will, why couldn't it have been phil.

"dream?"

the blonde sat up from the couch, his eyes landing on the brunette. "george."

"ah, george, i didn't know you knew dream." wilbur's voice came around from the kitchen.

"alright fuckers what's taking so long." the focus shifted to the man that walked through the door. "oh, hi will."

"of course sapnap has met will before i have." dream covered his face with his hands, not entirely sure he wasn't intoxicated. "this isn't real."

"what isn't real?" sapnap took a seat beside dream, oblivious to the situation.

"sapnap, did you know that me and dream went to the same school before we moved here?"

sapnap shook his head, "no, but that's cool."

"yeah it is cool." will shrugged from the dining table, scrolling through his phone.

next thing i know a polka dotted elephant is going to barge into the room singing christmas music.

the room was silent.

"why would an elephant be polka dotted?" will seemed to analyze dream's thought.

"did i say that out loud?"

"you knew dream before he moved here?" george seemed to be in hysterics.

again wilbur shrugged. "yeah."

"why didn't you tell me?" george lowered his accusing hands, feeling less confident in the conversation.

"you never asked?"

they all stood in the room, none of them speaking, sapnap however was focused on the t.v. instead of the commotion.

"well lads i'd love to stay and chit-chat, but i've got to go." he stood from the table offering a wave as he stepped out of the apartment, shutting the door behind himself.

again the room was silent. none of them completely sure about what exactly had just happened.

"oh by the way, happy birthday george." sapnap finally looked up, no longer distracted by the t.v.

merry christmas to all that celebrate and to those that don't, i hope you have a great day (: