:: twenty-nine ::

-10k readers special-

thank you for all of your support i love you all <3

"you have to get off my back to open the door."

"no i don't" george squeezed himself into dream

"yes you do." dream chuckled at his child like behavior.

"the keys are in my pocket just unlock it yourself."

dream stood up in front of the door. "george, i'm not putting my hand in your pocket."

george scoffed, "well i'm not getting down."

"yes you are." dream removed his hands from george's thighs.

george screeched dream's name as his feet planted on the floor. the blonde laughed at the noise, george rolled his eyes and unlocked the door. again they removed their shoes. george led dream into the kitchen and instructed him to put the bag on the counter.

"you can stay, as long as you promise not to peek."

dream shook his head, "so many promises."

"dream." george stood in the middle of kitchen with a pout.

"alright, alright. i promise." dream covered his eyes with his hands, pressing his eyes shut behind his fingers.

"come over here you're too far away." george whined.

"am i allowed to open my eyes, or do you want to direct me over there aswell?" dream smirked to himself behind his hands.

"no, you can open your eyes...for now."

dream removed his hands from his face, opening his eyes slowly. he walked over to where george was standing. the older smiled and moved the bag from beside the stove and patted the countertop.

"...you want me to sit on the counter?"

george nodded.

"if i break your countertop you can't sue me."

george rolled his eyes now, "shut up and sit. you're more in the way when you're just standing there. plus now i can make sure you aren't peeking."

dream sat on the counter and recovered his eyes. "how?" for the second time today something smacked him in the face. "did you just smack me?" he smiled, mouth wide.

"no."

"then what just hit me in the face?"

"a spatula."

"george."

after all the laughter shared in the grocery store apparently they still had much to spare because again, they were laughing.

"you better not spill boiling water on me."

"why would i do such a thing?"

dream could hear the smile in george's voice despite not being able to see it.

"well i don't know, you just smacked me with a spatula."

"i had my reasons."

"what could possibly be the reason behind that." dream shook his head behind his hands.

"i had to make sure you weren't peeking."

dream would've rolled his eyes if they weren't closed.

"can i try to guess what you're making?"

"i don't see why not, but you will never guess correctly."

"jokes on you i'm related to gordon ramsey." dream smiled, smug behind his hands.

"no you're not."

"no i'm not."

george giggled, the noise spreading a smile on dream's face. the blonde listened to the sound of boiling and sizzling that filled the quiet kitchen.

"how many pans are you using? am i allowed to ask questions?"

"i'm using a pot and a skillet, and i'll decide whether your question deserves an answer."

dream smiled, a thought found its way into his brain. "are you ever going to send me that picture?" he heard george's movements holt. "please don't hit me with the spatula again."

"you weren't supposed to see that picture, remove it from your memory."

"george i physical can't, i'm gonna think about that picture forever."

george whined. "i can't believe that really happened."

"if you send it to me i will stop talking about it."

"no."

dream smelt salt lingering in the air. "...are you boiling vegetables?"

george was silent for a moment, "when was the last time you ate a vegetable."

"yesterday."

"why do you think i'm boiling vegetables?"

"well i know you're boiling water, and it smells like salt."

"i'm not boiling vegetables."

"man i really thought i had it."

**

george pulled dream to the couch, helping him take a seat since he still held his eyes shut.

"hold out your hands."

dream did as told, keeping his eyes shut. he heard george's footsteps receding.

"careful it's hot."

dream was confused when he was handed a cup.

"can i open my eyes yet?"

"do you have one final guess about what it is?"

"a cup?"

george laughed. "okay you can open your eyes now."

dream slowly opened his eyes, adjusting them to the light in the room. he looked at his hands to see a cup of noodles in between his hands. he turned to see george smiling at him with a wide grin.

"that's why you were boiling water."

george nodded, "i would've made a big dinner but i figured you wouldn't want to stay much longer. my roommate told me i make really good grilled cheese though, so i made that instead." george gestured to the plate that sat on the coffee table.

"it smells really good."

"that's because i made it."

"no i think it's just because i'm really hungry."

"dream."

dream smiled, "i'm joking obviously."

so they sat on the couch, eating the food that george had so generously made for them. barely paying any attention to the movie playing in the background. dream wished he could've stayed there all night but he knew he owed a favor to his sister. he put his empty cup on the coffee table.

"well i guess i should head home now...next time, you have to come to my house and i'll make you dinner."

"that sounds fun."

george stood from the couch to walk dream out. they stood at the door after dream put on his sneakers, the blonde noticed something out of place. he took off his sweatshirt, "i believe this is yours." he handed it back to george. winking as he turned around, "i'll see you tomorrow."

he heard the door close behind him and continued his walk home. he felt his phone buzz and quickly opened his messages with 'better than sapnap'.

there, before his eyes, was the picture from before. dream smiled, blushing again.

i'm not sure why this took so long to write, check my conversations tab for another thank you (;