:: forty-three ::

-50k readers special-

oh how the time passes. i remember when i was smiling so wide at getting just 3 votes. i'm so thankful, and wish only good for you all! :D

dream pushed open the door to his house, his three friends trailing closely behind. "i'm home." he set down the gift bags on the coffee table, allowing the boys into his house and closed the door behind them.

"just in time." he could hear his mom smiling from the kitchen. "i just got back from getting the cake."

dream gestured for the boys to follow him into the other room. he hugged his mom and pressed a kiss to her cheek, sitting across from her at the kitchen island.

"mom." sapnap smiled opening his arms to hug dream's mom.

"sapnap."

dream tried not to roll his eyes at the fact that his mom hugged sapnap longer. karl and george stood behind them awkwardly shifting their weight.

"mom, this is karl." he pointed to the pink haired boy. "and this is george." he pointed to the brunette with a bright blush on his face. dream smiled at the man.

"well hello." she shook hands with them both.

"mom, don't be nice to them they're a bunch of nerds." the focus shifted to the blonde girl standing in the doorway. "what brought you back, i thought you were going to be gone all day?"

"you're going to have to be nice to me." dream crossed his arms, glaring at his little sister.

"why, because it's your birthday?" she mimicked his behavior.

dream smirked and pulled a container of hair dye from his sweatshirt pocket and set it on the countertop. dream thought back to the hassle it was to buy that one container of bright pink hair dye.

sapnap and karl had fought about who would be the one to buy it. george having been long excluded from the fight because of his previous gifts. after a few heated rounds of rock paper scissors, karl won and bought the dye. dream was just glad to be out of the store and no longer holding up the line.

"surprise, we're dying your hair." he slid the dye over the counter towards his sister.

she turned to their mom, looking for confirmation. his mom nodded and smiled.

"to the bathroom." sapnap led the way, karl and george following the man. dream trailed behind to speak with his sister.

"i wasn't expecting that." she stared at the label on the hair dye.

"happy birthday." dream smiled resting his arm on her head.

"oh, be quiet." she pushed his arm off her head.

when they reached the top of the stairs sapnap ushered them into the bathroom. they all stood in the room, dream stared at karl, waiting for instructions.

"you needed my help because you thought i dyed my own hair?" karl asked dream through the mirror.

dream was starting to understand his mistake. "yeah, i was kind of hoping so."

"well good thing i did, we need a chair, a towel, and a comb."

"i'll get the towel." sapnap practically ran out of the bathroom.

"i'll put on music." his sister pulled out her phone.

"we'll get everything else." dream grabbed george's hand and led him out of the bathroom, and back down the stairs. he dug around in a drawer looking for a comb.

"dream?"

he turned from the drawer to see george staring down at his legs. there at the feet of the man was his cat, patches, enjoying rubbing herself on the man's legs.

"that's patches. i'm not surprised she likes you, we're very similar me and her."

george outreached an arm to let the cat sniff him. "you like me?"

dream turned back to the drawer quicker than he needed to. "i hope you're asking the cat." he reached his hand back into the drawer filled with random items, pulling out a comb.

"dream." sapnap called from the upstairs bathroom. dream held out his hand to take george's, leading them back up to the others.

as they breached the bathroom, dream saw his sister siting in a chair, with her hair parted, music playing in the background. the two outside the bathroom blinked at the sight. dream set down the comb in his hands. karl pulled on the pair of plastic gloves.

the wetting process passed quickly. sapnap sang songs into the shampoo bottles as he danced around in the bathtub, his sister duetted him from her place on the chair singing into the comb. karl filled in the empty space of the sterile room with his laughter. george held patches to his chest after she proceeded to jump out of sapnap's arms.

"patches doesn't even like me." sapnap huffed from behind the shower curtain.

"that's because you're too loud." dream smiled at the way george gently caressed the face of his cat.

karl gasped, earning all of their attention.

"please tell me my hair isn't falling out." his sister looked up from her phone. the four boys began laughing.

karl shook his head, "no, i just realized something though..." they all focused on the pink haired man. it was almost completely silent around them, aside from the music that played continuously through the conversation. "i've never watched frozen."

sapnap was first to fall into his laugh, clutching at his chest as he tried to breath through his smile.

"i too just realized something." his sister pinned up her hair. she turned to stare dream directly in the eyes, a mischievous grin on her face. "remember when you and techno dyed your hair pink for picture day?"

of course she would remember something like that, she lived for the sole purpose of embarrassing him.

"i need to see that." karl stared at his reflection in the mirror.

"good thing i know where his yearbook is, follow me." she raced out of the bathroom, karl and sapnap giggling as they followed her. george and dream stayed in the bathroom smiling at the atmosphere.

"dream?" george kept his eyes on the cat to avoid staring at the blonde. "i said some things in the card, i don't think i want you to read it anymore..."

i'm so randomly tired today, i hope this chapter makes sense. thank you again for 50k reads, i can guarantee you that you've made one person extremely happy!