:: one hundred thirty-eight ::

"it looks like the closeted boyfriends are no longer closeted." as clever of a callback as it was, dream concluded that quackity deserved the punch to the arm he received from the brunette who moved to sit back down beside him.

"too bad it wasn't their first." bad pat dream's shoulder as he passed, unaware or perhaps all too aware, that he had exposed them in several uncountable ways. not only confirming to the others that they had indeed kissed before but also that dream had trusted bad enough to confide in him about said kiss. "ill make hot cocoa to celebrate!"

he tried to brush it off, hoping the guys would just assume bad had been there to see it, but of course, george knew the only way bad would find out would have been for dream to have told him himself. he fought against those teasing brown eyes, tearing his own away and deciding it would be less embarrassing to face sapnap.

he was wrong.

sapnap was least shocked out of the three of them, which wasn't for nothing because he had also been informed of the kiss. but as everything was piling up like this, dream couldn't help but think it all wasn't in his favor. an arm was slung around his shoulder as he was pulled closer into sapnap's personal space, and he prayed it wasn't obvious how embarrassed he was quickly growing to be. "my boy is all grown up, kissing george and telling all his friends that he's kissed george before. we've come a long way."

"actually,"

dream's eyes snapped in karl's direction, whatever he was going to say wasn't going to support his case. "karl please."

"to be fair,"

"spare me karl."

"i think it was more george who kissed dream than the other way around."

they were definitely doing this on purpose now. he scowled, turning from them to hide his face. he would have kissed george, but he wasn't sure if he was just doing it to be funny and wasn't actually planning on going through with it. had he kissed george in a situation like that he knew it would be suffocatingly awkward between them and he would not survive the humiliation.

"okay, i definitely deserve credit for that one but come on guys you don't have to keep teasing him, he's kissed me plenty of times before."

it didn't help with dream's flush to have the brunette stand up for him. he was glad he had a teammate to help take the fall with him but it was probably worse now than if they had just let the other's believe what they wanted.

quackity split the silence with gags that progressively became more and more violent, pretending to throw up.

"gross." karl shook his head and rubbed quackity's back as if he was actually on the verge of vomiting. "and just for clarification, in case you missed the point, i wasn't saying gross about quackity throwing up."

"great," sapnap retracted his arm from around the blonde. "this is going to be a thing now." he recoiled from his arm as if dream had infected him with some contagious love disease.

"oh come on." dream crossed his arms, sometimes his friends were borderline unbearable.

"you guys are going to be weird around each other now." sapnap mimicked his behavior. glaring at the two who felt as if a large spotlight was shone on them. "not even weird you guys are just going to be all lovey-dovey now."

"god there's literally nothing worse than being in love." quackity, whose terrible act of puking finally came to a close, decided it was his turn to participate in the conversation.

george found dream's eyes and it was relieving to see that they both had felt sheepish about the situation. the brunette mouthed "sorry" and dream offered an understanding smile. he knew it wouldn't be in their best interest to linger too much of his attention on the other, but thankfully for him, a platter of festively decorated mugs was placed in front of them.

after being given the choice of ingesting a concerning amount of sugar the mood in the coffee shop took a turn, if even for just a second. for a moment, pointless arguments were thrown around about who would get the mug with the most whipped cream. dream liked to think that moment would follow him around for a while.

"i think it's time to change the subject." karl stroked at his chin, dissolving a candy cane into his mug, like he had millions of conversation starters stored away in his brain specifically for instances like this. then again dream wouldn't doubt it. "what's your favorite letter?"

there was a pause for pondering, and the first to speak up would also be the last.

"i like 'd'" george offered a proud smile, and perhaps after the sentence was answered, it should have been stored away somewhere where it would never be heard of again.

"oh of course it is. you are so unbelievable." sapnap rolled his eyes but there was humor among his demeanor.

"then my favorite letter is your mom." and instead of making it an unspecified comment, quackity went the extra mile to ensure dream knew he was talking to him directly.

"i have a new question." the blonde had to tear past quackity's 'i fucked your mom eyes' they were all too convincing, he was beginning to grow concerned. "which side of the sink do you keep your silverware?" a playful smile accompanied his words when he found that the brunette rolled his eyes at mention of the irrelevant conversation they had once alone in the comfort of the other's presence.

"here we go, again." george busied himself with the mug sat in front of himself, although he wouldn't contribute, he was still curious about their answers.

"right?" karl nodded.

"yeah, probably right?" sapnap's question of why went unsaid.

"george keeps his silverware to the left."

there was a pause where they all turned to critically judge the brunette.

"my grandma keeps her silverware in a cupboard." quackity beamed.

would you guys believe me if i said i forgot this story existed...because this chapter has been completed for like a month now /: OOPS