:: twenty-three ::

the music could be heard from the street in front of the house. people were making out in the front lawn, lights beaming through the curtained windows. sapnap spun his keys around in his hand. they all were running on adrenaline yet all of them for complete separate reasons.

they followed sapnap around to the back of the house where people were crowded around a folding table. less people were making out but plenty more cups littered the grass. the only light filtered into the backyard through a sliding glass door.

"quackity, my friend." sapnap pulled one of the guys in for a hug, "come meet the boys." before the other could respond he was being dragged towards the other three.

dream shot a glance at george, who seemed just as confused.

"you've met karl, this is dream and george." sapnap gestured to the other two, yelling over the music.

quackity turned to look up at dream, "holy fucking shit what did your parents feed you?"

karl started laughing, dream saw from the corner of his eyes that george covered his mouth to hide his laugh.

he shook his head. "nice to meet you too."

"alright well, the bathroom upstairs is open for just you guys, so are the bedrooms, please just don't fuck on my bed." quackity scanned his memory for anything else to tell the group.

"what's up with cup pong?" sapnap turned to quackity, who walked him over to the table.

dream and george watched from where they stood as quackity made quick work of the table, making the people walk back into the house, a handful stood stagnant ready to watch the next game. quackity picked up a cup, sniffed it, winced, and shook his head as he put the cup back down.

"what do you think they're talking about?"

dream turned from watching quackity to face george. "probably about how the cups are full of cider."

george nodded, "or they're making fun of people that drink alcohol."

dream turned back to the table watching as quackity pointed at either side of the table. "i could see that."

sapnap walked back over to the three of them. "do you guys want to play cup pong? me and karl are gonna go in and say hi."

dream turned to george, george shrugged.

"alright, well quackity says he doesn't know what's in the cups so he doesn't recommend drinking anything. just hand the cups to the guys around they'll enjoy it." sapnap pointed behind himself. "when we get back we can play a few games together." karl and sapnap made their way to the sliding door.

"so much for using us to get girls numbers." george spoke from beside the blonde making him laugh as they made their way to the group.

"you're playing?" quackity looked up at them from the opposite side of the table.

"yeah, we'll play." dream smiled at him.

"what's you're team name?" quackity stood from straightening the cups to stare at them.

dream turned to george, ready to go with whatever he came up with. when george turned back to dream with the same look on his face, dream knew they were stumped.

"alright, closeted boyfriends, that's your team name." quackity laughed at the two. dream smiled at the joke.

"what? can we change it?" george's eyes were wide.

"no, i made up my mind. we're doing one ball for each player every turn." quackity started the game.

george pulled on the sleeve of dream's sweatshirt. dream turned to look at the older. "i don't know how to...throw it." dream would've laughed if it was anyone but george..

dream smiled. "alright just watch me." george nodded.

he inspected dream's shoulders as he pretended to shoot the ball. dream watched as george's eyes followed his movements.

"can you guys stop flirting and just shoot the ball already?" quackity's statement made george tear his eyes off of dream. dream shot the ball, making the first shot. he handed george the second ball and watched as he mimicked his movements and shot the ball, making the second shot.

dream didn't think he explained it well enough, yet george still scored. he held up a hand for a high-five. "that was so good, george. good job."

george smiled, pink settling on his cheeks.

when quackity scored a point dream handed the cup to one of the guys standing close to the table. "sorry i don't drink, i'm a law abiding citizen."

george rolled his eyes. "last time i checked law abiding citizens don't run from the cops."

dream clasped a hand over george's mouth. "i don't know what he's talking about."

**

quackity got tired of losing to a duo of newbies so he quit and switched his team with sapnap and karl. sapnap and karl invited all the girls they knew at the party, to watch them play. this was the first mistake of the night. the game started, quackity taking place as the referee.

daddy dunkers versus closeted boyfriends.

dream figured they stood no chance against sapnap and karl. george never played and dream barely matched sapnap's experience. and for one, the daddy dunkers are super competitive.

what dream didn't expect, was for george to carry him the entire game. getting cocky enough to throw in a spin at one point. although george was so obvious doing much better than dream at the game, the crowd was still cheering for the blonde.

"dream." he turned to the crowd to see a girl smiling at him, "we should play strip pong next." then she winked at him. he turned to george who rolled his eyes at him, taking his next shot. of course it made it into the cup. george seemed to be an accuracy prodigy.

the game ended quickly, george making every cup and dream missing, distracted by the crowd. they lost. sapnap and karl started screaming, jumping up and down. dream frowned at them.

"you still up for strip pong?" the girl from the crowd was standing in front of him grabbing at his wrists.