91. Leave

..."Only old people go to bed early."...

Your eyes snapped open in the morning.
Your remembered falling asleep on the tiles last night, but thereafter nothing else.

Your feet wearily landed on the shaggy carpet next to this feathery-soft bed, as you rubbed your eyes, intending to wake up quicker.

With swift steps, you skipped toward Levi's room to look for him. After not finding him there, you searched in the kitchen, just to find it empty as well.
Where is he?

The first floor was vacuous, the second similar to the last one. And so you went up to the third floor again.
You scratched your head, wondering where he could've gone to.

And then a frightening though entered your mind.
He wouldn't just go away and leave me here alone, right?
Mild, unwilling panic creeped up on you, as your heart-beat fastened.
No, no, he wouldn't. He would never.

Widening eyes turned toward the stairwell, before you speeded in a tempo toward the outside, which made you almost trip over your own feet.
He wouldn't leave me, he's still here, you repeated numerous times.

Almost trembling and hitting the edge of the entrance wall, you arrived outside, panting to barely manage to look out for your own well being.
If his horse is still here, he's here as well.

Bolting out of the building, you curtly thereafter were acquainted with the stale horse stables.

A deep sigh exited your mouth, after seeing the raven saddling his black horse and getting on top of it.
His gaze shortly turned to you, disinterest veiling inside of his grey orbs in opposite to yours.
"Hm?"

"Levi, where are you going?", you asked with the same consternation still trailing behind.

Him coldly:
"Riding out."

"Without informing me?", you croaked short-breathed.

His look fixated on you for a longer moment.
"I thought you wanted to sleep."
After seeing how scared you seemed, his freezing gaze focussed on you deeper.

In opposite, you were solely relieved for having found him.
In you mind you thought he was gone.
"Why are you riding out?"

Levi shortly:
"Clean the surroundings from titans."

"Alone?"

"Hm."

You slowly gained back your previous composure.
"I'm joining you."

"No."

You determinedly furrowed your brows.
"Yes."

Levi shot you a glare.
"You suicidal brat, are staying here. Otherwise you're just going to be a burden."

You crossed your arms with your strength returning.
"Pff, I don't care. I definitely won't die and if somebody pegs, it's you."

Levi dismissively:
"You useless idiot, I'm not taking you with me."

You unbothered:
"Then don't, I'm going to take you with me then. I wanted to ride out anyway."
So you went to walk towards the stable.

Levi gave his horse a signal to block your path toward the other mare and threateningly spoke:
"I don't allow you talking to me like that. If I order you to stay the here, you stay the fuck here and don't move."

You frowned slightly.
"Levi, I can't merely stay here and wait for you to get back. I just want to make sure you're safe, or else I-I-I'm...", you stammered.
"...really worried about you..."