71. Do you want beef?

..."Idiot."...

You jumped down, skipping two steps at a time, only to arrive in the community-area with pep.

You didn't know why, but after getting the full amount of sleep last night, you felt so much better.
Probably because of that.

The refectory was full, recruits walking around everywhere, jabbering and filling their bowls with whatever they could.
Right in the middle, there was Sasha, as excpected.
It would've been a surprise, if she wasn't.

You walked over to her, just to stop a little bit further away in wonder.

With surprise, you saw how she tried to get nearer to a boy from another division.
He tautly evaded her, as she neared him way too eagerly.
You thought, that his name was Dirk, but you weren't quite sure.

Dirk nervously pushed her away, but Sasha didn't stop and grabbed his arm to sniff under it, moving quickly to the sleeves of his jacket.

The rallied mass around them stared sceptically at the spectacle.

The boy anxiously:
"Dude, get off me!"

Sasha just continued and was visibly concentrated, reminding you of a bloodthirsty predator.

Briskly, you left your tray onto another table and ran to stop her.
"Sasha, what are you doing there?"

You pushed your way through the others to arrive next to her and hinder her from further doing.

Dirk tried to shake her off with effort.
"Ah! Just go away!"

Sasha's eyes sparkled in the next moment.
"There! I knew it!"
At once, she fiddled something out of his pocket, that looked like a piece of meat.

You swiftly took her arm and pulled her away with yourself.
"Sasha...", you hissed.

Dirk, who just got exposed, mumbled silently:
"Oww no, my reserves..."

Suddenly one girl from the side formed a grimace.
"Eww, that's disgusting, are you going to eat that?"

You glanced back and recognised her immediately. It was Eru, known as the prettiest girl on the campus. You just decided to ignore her.

"These days every kind of recruits seem to be able to come in.", Eru sneered.

You felt Sasha's hand tensing inside yours.
"What dif yu fay?", she muttered with her mouth stuffed with beef.

The girl frowned.
"Eww."
You looked back at Eru and she returned, expression covered in revulsion.
"Take that animal away from here, please. Thank you."

You furrowed your brows.
Sasha then went to approach her, after swallowing the rest.
"How did you call me?", she repeated angrily.

"Sasha, come on.", you tugged softly onto her sleeve again, indicating her to let it be.
Sasha was upset, but calmed down and went to follow you, still insulted.

Eru:
"Huh, just like I said.", she smirked.
"An obeying animal."
The recruits around her giggled.

"That's it.", Sasha turned around and stomped to stand right in front of the girl's face.
She took a deep breath of air in, brushed the crumbles off her mouth with a hand and opened it to reply:
"..."

Nothing.

Sasha opened her mouth once more, trying to say something, but vainly.
She wasn't capable of bringing a tone out.

Loud laughter instantly erupted around you.

Eru mockingly:
"Obviously you can't say anything. Animals can't talk."