Stuff we did

Hange cheerfully clapped with her hands. "I know, right? And the best part about (Y/N) is, that she likes playing darts."

Upon leaving the room with Levi, you looked at him seriously. "Levi, we need to have a serious conversation about all of this."

He nodded and scanned the surroundings for a second. There was no one in the corridors other than the two of you. He scratched his shoulder.

"What was all of that today? Why did you randomly give me a potted flower in front of my friends?", you scowled. "And why did you couple up with Kenami?"

"I fell asleep in the library. She found me."

"So all of that has got nothing with you trying to get Eren angry again?", you asked with a wry look on your face, crossing your arms. "Because after you left, I had to explain to him why on earth I was receiving flowers and additionally explain to Sasha in a very detailed manner, why I'm definitely not your housemaid, who takes care of your plants whenever you leave to go on vacation."

"No.", he responded with the faintest and placid look of neglect after hearing your friend's name fall.

"Oh, not to mention the ridiculous amount of people queuing up and waiting for the library to open up yesterday.", you scoffed. "You've been keeping Kenami busy and she couldn't do her job."

He remained quiet and lowered his look.

You shook your head at him minimally, then lifted your arms and let them fall to the sides as a sign of helplessness. You didn't know what to say to him anymore. "And when did you and Hange plan on telling me about your experiments? Do you have any idea in what kind of chaotic state you left the basement behind?"

"I'm sorry. I'll clean up.", he mumbled.

You touched the bridge of your nose and closed your eyes. "No, there's no need. I cleaned up everything. I just wonder what kind of crazy stuff you've both been up to, so that the literal floor down there caught on fire after you were both ready. I remind you. The stone floor. Again.", you set on. "I had to use the sink on the other side of the room in order to get it out. I'm very lucky my 3rd degree burn-wounds could heal so quickly, otherwise I'd look like Keith's forehead."

Levi stifled a small smile, before he schooled himself. "Hange made a blue flower and needed synthetic colouring for that. That's probably the reason for the mess."

"The one that died, like an hour after you gave it to me?", you asked half-lidded.

He tried to hide the brimming surge of disappointment that crept up on him, but in your eyes, he failed miserably, since he avoided the eye-contact he usually always upheld whenever you were both discussing serious matters.

"Wow. So that was worth the effort.", you commented and watched him sceptically for a couple of seconds, before eyeing him up and down again. "So why did you do all of that?"

Levi didn't look at you, his eyes instead focussed on the corner of the corridor, just so that he didn't have to look at your scolding expression. "It was supposed to be for you, but it died right after I gave it to you, so.."

"So it's symbolic, like you said.", you spoke half-lidded. "Or was."

His voice quietened further, but the corridor was just silent enough for you to hear him clearly. "I'm sorry. It wasn't supposed to die. Kenami assured everything would go fine."
The raven didn't mention that he didn't pay too much attention to the plant, because he was too busy about thinking what to say to you and especially how.