49. Enough fingernails

...I peeked up, to meet his blank face pointing forward...

POV-3rd person
Inside, Levi brought you to a corner and kneeled down to you.

You lifted your tired eyes.

Levi distanced:
"Are you okay?"

A small nod was your response, which Erwin seemed to get as well.
His concentrated look laid on you.
"Did you find out something?"

Your eyes darkened momentarily.
As the remembrance hit you all at once, you lingered for a few more moments like this.
Then you decided to keep your silence.

Levi eyed you shortly, before standing upright to face Erwin once more.

You watched Erwin.
Before you could open your mouth, he marched toward a small table with a chair, where they had tied the bloody man.

Levi followed with a plain glance back at you, as you lifted yourself up and went to them as well.

When Levi calmly positioned next to the culprit, you leaned onto a dim edge, while
Erwin calmly sat down opposite of the man at the table.
He said lightly:
"I'm going to ask you a few questions and you'll have to answer, do you understand?"

The guy looked up to meet Levi's hateful eyes and instantly shrugged back, giving whiny noises again.

Levi's eyes narrowed in repugnance, as he came nearer to whisper into his ear.
"You better talk or you might end up like your comrades."

The man flinched, standing at the shrink of tears.
"Nooo... please, please, let me gooo...", he silently yammered.

"Then tell us where your boss is.", Erwin spoke.

"I don't know, we were just drinking and having fun... it was someone else's shift... but then she came around and we thought...", the small corners of his mouth raised the slightest.

"You abomination.", Levi growled, grabbing his coat and pulling him up.

"Levi.", Erwin stopped him.
Levi grunted and pushed the weeping man away.

Erwin supported himself onto the table.
"Where is your meeting-locus?"

The guy's eyes widened and he took a deep breath after another.
Suddenly Levi pushed the man's chair to himself with his foot, snatched his shirt and kneeled him in the stomach ruthlessly.

You heard a loud groan, followed by the appearance of splashing red marks on the table.
More tears streamed down his dirty cheeks, as he spit the blood out in his mouth.

"Talk.", was Levi's only monotone order.

"W-we always g-gather i-in first district under a-a crumbling house..."

"They're all crumbling you idiot, which one?", Levi's persistent voice prolonged.

"I think I know.", you suddenly interrupted, when remembering where you had seen the chaser knocking on.
"What's the code?", you continued in question.

The man's lowered head turned scoffingly to you.
"How do ya know? Were you the reason we were warned?"

Your eyes widened.
Slowly you stepped nearer, leaving the from-shadows-consumed place in the corner.
"Who warned you?"

He laughed amused.
"That little thug."

You pressed your lips together, fists clenching.