70. No matter when, just not now

...You could've sworn, that your head was as red as a ripe tomato, when you left your seat with everyone's stares chasing you...

Levi looked as unbothered as ever and just continued his pace.

In the office, he positioned on his seat and snatched a pen with his hand.
You sat down onto his bed and watched him silently.

You asked yourself, what he thought of and why he brought you away once more.

You tried to remember, what Hange had spoken of, which made you blush softly.
What did she say again?
The time I fell asleep on Eren's shoulder?

You peeked to him pensively.
But what did Levi do exactly?
Tell Hange to stop with her nonsense?
That's kinda his job. To take care of all the recruits.

You were rather more embarrassed for Hange and all the things she had prattled about you.
Frustratedly you thought:
I didn't constantly speak of him, while he was away. And when I spend the night with him back then...

Heat gathered inside your chest, after remembering.
Back then I was really happy to be here, but now?

You glimpsed to Levi.
Everything changed, didn't it?
Now I know, what he truly thinks and I feel different as well, after knowing about him and all the intentions he and Erwin have.

You sceptically watched him.

Levi coldly:
"What?"

"Huh?"

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"You want to say something."

How does he know?
You, quickly:
"Me? No, I'm fine."

He glanced to you doubtingly.

"And what about you?", you asked afterwards.
"Are you okay?"

And you really wanted to know that.
Levi never talked about his feelings, so he was mostly a mystery to you. Not fully, but mostly.

"Hm.", he affirmed simply.

You raised a brow.
"Hm? Does this mean I'm fine, very nice or I'm actually not good at all?"

Levi:
"..."

You sighed.
"You have to help me here, I cannot read thoughts yet.", you leaned onto the wall with your back meeting the hard surface.
With an expecting look, you turned your attention to the concentratedly working Levi.

After he showed no indication of speaking, you crossed your arms.
"Fine. So, my day was alright. I woke up to a nice breakfast, met Ymir along the way...", thereafter something suddenly crossed your mind and you excitedly leaned forward.
"You know, I'll get a new roommate. I'm pretty excited. Maybe she'll be quite cool. At least I hope so. Ymir said she doesn't like her though, but who does Ymir even like?", you jokingly added.
"Oh, and a few days ago, I was also in the basement with Hange for a brand new recipe for her ultimate creation."

Levi:
"Huh?"

"Yeah, she's tinkling on a titan-serum with me and Eren. A week ago or so, she took a blood-sample from him. Sadly just one time, but she got relatively far with it already. It was really funny, actually.
Most of my free time, I spend down there. Hange constantly complained about you moving her stuff, but then again in contrast, about you not being there and cleaning for her.", you giggled.