Pangs of conscience

You sensed a hand on your shoulder before your eyes opened serenely to be met with plainly white tapestry and a few objects remotely recognisable, though non-assignable to you right off the bat. It took a few moments for you to discern the room, the place and the circumstances leading to you landing here in the first place and so you tried to think of yesterday, which made you feel kinda whimsical on top. You felt a subtle raise of chest beneath you and instead of slowly coming to a calmly thought-out conclusion by yawning while relaxedly remaining glued to the couch like a normal person would do, your brain suddenly woke up in full attentiveness as if it's bloodstream got infused with tripple the amount of caffeine than prescribed.

"Hmm", you heard silent complaint from underneath you after shifting a bit over the fleecy quilts. A frowning face with tousled hair and a mouth shaped into a small pucker was the first thing welcoming you from beneath. Levi protested silently against you beginning to move around with a mourn.

"Levi.", your groggy voice sounded and it got all silent again. You looked at him with wide eyes, remembering how last night went and how the two of you had lastly just fallen asleep on the couch after the long make-out session and lots of other things leading to half the woolly blankets landing on the cold bare ground. You had probably just remained glued on top of him after a while and he accepted it sans expostulation, because you kinda just broke down from fatigue after some time.

Levi looked at you, a crease between his brows, his face halfway covered in strands of hair. He felt your brittle tension and how your body immediately woke up along with your vivid demeanour, ready to begin flitting around and it conducted towards him like a wave of electrical energy. As if your tension meandered over to his own body.

"What's the time?", you asked a bit concerned, expression stern.

"That's why I prefer you when you're asleep.", he replied half-lidded, not acknowledging your question and, while still laid down, turning sideways.

You rapidly lifted yourself up to your knees and parted from him to look outside and perhaps sneak a peak of the watchtower towering somewhere in the city centre. The raven sighed and lifted his arms, stretching in the attempt to follow up with the waking up similar to you since he still felt slumbrous, as if he could drop down and close his eyes for another five hours with your body on top of his again.

Meanwhile your shoulders directed towards the glass, your knees sinking into the cottony sofa to find out the time. 10:23. "Aren't I late?", you whispered. You knew that by graphic you were supposed to have training with Erwin's squad for the first time exactly - you squinted your eyes to think - about over two and a half hours ago. A splash of cool was what drizzled down the whole length of your body. Of course you'd never admit, but you abhorred the thought of a belated arrival and you failing on your first day and future routine of being forced to be taught something new by the tall blonde, getting used to staring at him during his entire training and daydreaming of kicking his ass with the interfaced satisfaction of finally beating him one on one and face to face once and for all.

"After his condition yesterday it's very unlikely for him to do his training session just the day after."

You looked at Levi with lime-coloured light falling into your facials as the sun rose, while he watched you with indifference over his own, only splatters of the morning light reaching him and his fatigued figure.

"I would've woken you up anyways.", he said with a small yawn, stretched his back and remained lying on the couch.
"But you seem surprisingly optimistic when it comes to his convalescence."