79. Beneath the red sun

...Without asking, you followed...

At first, you were a little confused, but your excitement gained the upper hand.
Where did he take you to?
You asked yourself this question even more, after the two of you left the giant concrete building behind.

He leaded you through a side path, next to the small silver-willow forest and its plainly visible, messy branches.
Thereafter, you passed some of the huge trees of the scarlet chestnut, which seemed to crave to grow as high as possible, only to be able to reach the lightly shining beams emerging from the sky.
During this whole time, no word escaped your escort's mouth.

The glares of the sun seeped through all leaves of the ancient trees which crossed your way from left and right, throwing shadows at the one's beneath them.

While walking, your eyes caught a certain view from you position.
Cities sat peacefully on the bottom from afield, making you ask yourself in awe, whether you really were situated this high already.

You hadn't consciously noticed, but Levi and you were slowly hiking up a hill.
Because of all the green plantings and the high grass surrounding you, it was hard to see too far through the woods, merely down the slope you walked beside.

Levi's confident steps marched through a small way, which seemed as if it had been crossed quite often, though not by many people.
You looked up at him, wondering, whether he was the only one knowing about this peculiar place.

While marching through the tiny path, your feet caused small sticks to break underneath them, letting your pace announce, that the absence of quietness ruled no longer. Now there was a different one.

You looked down toward the towns again and were able to perceive orange, black and brown shades of roofs. Then your eyes glanced up in ardor.

Even though the green blades from above bestowed you with a protection of the harsh summer sun, its warmth still reached the uncovered and untouched skin.
Especially yours, since you wore a simple, white shirt after the shower you took.
Levi in the meantime, wore his casual hunter-green cape over his shoulders, while carrying the famously known coat under his arm.

After a while, everything around you gained the glorifying addition of more noise, letting grasshoppers sound from everywhere. You stepped out into a lazily yellow field, which was covered with wild wheat and were able to observe, that it was not really large and was solely formed through a highly risen earth pile, making it end abruptly in a steep stope.

Your eyes flared.
You stepped nearer and got to stand directly next to the cliff.
The deeply red sun extended on the empty spots of the sky, while all the other creaks in the clouds were toned darkly. They were moving away with their distinct shades of gray, from almost black to slowly fading.
They seemed to you, as if they started undertaking their new territory from far up above.

Levi's slow steps drew closer from behind, until he could silently stand next to you and watch into the endless remoteness as well.
Your fascination grew with every look.

Far reaching terrains and all the small houses situated closely next to one another in the far distance. So far, that you were sure nobody ever could possibly really see the last one.
This person would be able to observe just one thing from your position.
The grey, monotone, unloving walls.
They covered the half of the sight.

After letting your wide eyes take in every last piece of beauty, it still didn't seem enough.
Levi next to you, placed his dark-green cape onto the grass and sat down, which you eventually imitated.

And thereafter.

Silence.

Quietness.

What was that?