Intertwinement

Disclaimer:
This chapter contains adult-content, so please don't continue reading, if you feel uncomfortable with suchlike scenes.

He didn't take the scarf off.

Almost blinding light flocked through the flapping louvres by the window, as your eyes fluttered open with this dulcet scent reaching out for your nostrils. Your (E/C) hues traveled across the surroundings sleepily, just when your rhythmic breathing was disrupted by the sight of something moving calmly underneath you.

Your head pistoned up to see Levi's face, whom's lids were opened already, and returned the look now.
"Levi-", you gasped, feeling your arms supporting you becoming flabbier.

His half lidded expression remained unchanged, whereafter you backed off from him.
Why didn't he wake me up?, you thought and distanced on the sheets.

His relaxed demeanour caused you to wonder for how long he had been awake and if he still felt dizzy from what Hange gave him yesterday. With your head falling against the second pillow beside him, you refused to say anything, starting off with the causal look-around.
One of Levi's legs crossed the other, with it being outside of the heavenly soft blanket the two of you used to cover yourself over night.
Or at least you, since Levi seemed as if he had received barely any of it.

Including his unchanged self, the white bandage on his foot was still tightly slung around it. And indeed, unchanged, you noticed.
The apple scarf was still hanging around his neck loosely, just that he had removed his pullover and laid there with a flannel shirt instead.

Satisfying the need to glance over to him, you turned your body around to face him.
"For how long have you been awake?", you asked, putting your palm under your head to rest.

He blankly looked over to the drapes and then at you again.
"Not much.", he replied, as if he knew what you wanted to ask already.
Levi placed a hand on his stomach, not allowing you to quell the need for your eyes to travel along with it.

The sight of the scarf around him made your tummy tingle for some reason, you couldn't explain why. The softness of the picture lulled you in and you smiled at him gleefully.
"Do you-", you begun, the weight of your question containing unspoken pressure.
"Do you still remember what you said yesterday?"

Him blankly:
"What exactly?"

With your finger tracing over the creases of the light quilt over the heavy blanket, you spoke.
"You wanted me to cut your hair."

"Hmh, I remember that.", he brought out a reluctant hum.
"What else?", he wanted to know.

Smiling meekly, your legs crossed under the sheets.
"You smiled over the entire time and hugged me."

Levi's brow twitched, though he stayed quiet.

"And you said really cute things.", you spoke, remembering his muffled words against the slope of your neck.

The eye contact was interrupted by him, mild irritation on his facials. That made you laugh, though you didn't continue talking about it.
Waiting for him to say something, you gazed at him from sideways.

After a while, he smoothly turned to face you as well. Levi wanted to know what you thought of right now badly, so he carefully analysed you. Irritated about how happy you seemed, his brows furrowed.