76. What I wanted most

...You left the room...

At the lake, all of you positioned under the shadow of a huge beech tree.

Eren placed his towel next to yours and stood up, while giving you a slight smile.
"Are you going to swim with us?"

Fussily, Conny's body shook just a few metres away. While in the meantime, Sasha seemed to have to visit the toilet with her eyes jittery widening and moving from the fresh and green grass to the yellow and dried one, which was just being in the angle of incidence.
She nervously jumped from one leg to the other hectically.

"Nah.", you responded, while still sitting down on the cloth with eyes closed. You only peeked for shortly with a grin plastered on your lips, just to see Eren's reaction. His expression reflected some kind of disappointment.

"Joking!", you suddenly jolted up to your feet and sprinted toward the lake.
"The person who's last is titan's food!", you yelled loudly, while Conny tripped behind you, laughing along.

"You cheater!", Conny shouted, using his hands as a help to louden his exclaim.

"Heey!", Eren called desperately from even further behind.
"Wait for me, I-", he attempted to put off his trousers quickly, throwing them somewhere into the gentle, green grass to the side.

Your feet almost flew over the ground, leaving behind minimal taps on the earth, as air blew through your (H/C) hair.
With all your strength you tried to climb up a small hillock, made out of rocks, to get to the top.
Your legs searched for hold on the sandy spots between the stones and available holes, which roughly started colouring your feet in a soft, muddy brown.

Because you still were the first in the run, you felt euphoria and smiled brightly in content.

After arriving on top of the cliff, you looked back to the boys and Sasha, who still rushed to catch up.
Heh, noobs.
You flashed them a confident smirk, took a few steps back and speeded toward the edge, before jumping straight down.

You felt a pinch of fear, but it happened so quickly and you were so overwhelmed by the adrenaline inside of you, that you almost couldn't point it out at all.

After your feet touched the sharp surface of the water, all your body got consumed by it.
The cold, fresh water let you sink down, before pulling you to the surface once more.
You swam up, holding your breath and consequently took a deep one, after appearing again.
Next, more tart splashes followed. And thereon a shadow as well, covering the sun from above.

Peeking up, you saw Eren still standing on the edge and looking down.

He was hesitating.

"Hey pantywaists, aren't ya gonna jump or?", Ymir loudly yelled from her spot next to Armin in the dry.

You observed him trembling minimally, before he looked at you. Clenching his fists, he determinedly gazing forward.
With gritted teeth and all his courage, he jumped off too and spattered loads of water into all of your faces. More than Sasha or even Conny did.

You all closed your eyes and laughed.
Eren's face bubbled up and he returned the greets, water streaming down from his soaked, brunette hair.

At once, a shadow of another figure appeared and you saw Mikasa plunging in elegantly.
You gasped impressed along with the others, as she dove skilfully to all of you.