47. Traitor

...I'll get you...

POV you
As the 3DMG was fired, I felt the huge energy of it pulling me up above all rooftops.

The person I was chasing did the same and I had to notice them actually being very handy with the usage.
They turned into an alleyway, trying to make me loose them.

As I fell down through the loss of my momentum, I gritted my teeth.
With a swift move, I fired my left gear to get in that direction, just to fire the right afterwards and turn into another street again.

Because I wasn't seeing the thief anymore, I clung the hook into a funnel and swung up with the pressure on my waist pulling me forward.
I detached and glided on the roof, loosening up a few tiles through the impact.
To my luck, both of us had reached the main street, so I jumped down without hesitation, solely to flow through the muggy air again.

Through the need to attach the gear into the opposite wall of a house on the street, a scarce, edgy swung of my side followed.

I required a quick movement and reattached both of my gears to not crash into the wall.
So before I almost reached it, I clung back into another wall, almost literally walking horizontally on the building, before my legs lost the touch and had no pressure beneath them yet again.

With a heavy breath and rapid heartbeat, I felt the adrenaline in my veins pulsing hot blood through my body.
I hadn't had this prickling feeling for a long time.

With a tight grip of the swords, I rushed over the people's heads, which stared up in shock and fear.
Now I had finally clear sight of the subject.
They turned their head just slightly to see where I was and realised, that I neared them fast.
My hood flew off my head, revealing my hair, which was now flying behind smoothly.

I frowned, pushing forward even quicker.
You're not going to get away.
An anger built up in me, which combined with the huge dose of energy I felt inside of my body, as well as the fire and dopamine I got through this thrilling experience.

The human made another turn, one, that made me sharply follow.
I hurled myself up another roof, kneeled down with a smooth glide, immediately got up again and sprinted to jump onto another house.
With rapid steps, I leaped over houses as fast as I could, my eyes always following the figure, while I was hidden behind chimneys.

Suddenly they looked back as expected and couldn't see me anymore.
I smirked.
My feet were almost not reaching the ground, as I jumped out of the shadows, right to them.

They shrugged, but their reflexes were pretty good and they dodged me.
Although I managed to pull their hood off.

Momentarily they turned away, continuing the rapid escape in air.
I swung to the side once more, but was quick to arrange back and follow.

Suddenly, I pressed for an immense amount of gas, hurling up into the sky above all the houses, only to fall down again quickly.
I wasn't supposed to kill the thief, merely just to catch them, so I swung and almost caught their body, trying to bring him down to ground.

I grunted in anger, as they swerved again, because I solely snatched the cape.
But now I was close enough to grab the person and with my stretched out hand, I reached for them.

All of the sudden they turned, while both of us flew forward through the air.
My breath faltered, my eyes widened.
The heart-beat in my chest was thumping loudly, but not clearly.

"Jean...?", I whispered, as my eyes met his.

His expression was cold, foreign and filled with deep sorrow.
The next moment happened as if I wasn't there.
He kicked my stomach with a hard beat, making me loose my breath with a grumble.