Chapter 61

Uddhav's POV,
Sitting on my chair, I watched Geeta as she ran around the house getting her bag, her books, her dupatta with the toast still hanging from her mouth.

I shook my head at her clumsiness. Who will explain to this girl that going late to college is a trend in itself. No one's going to point a gun at her for being late. She's always in a hurry, not even having her own breakfast while she's busy fixing my meals. Thanks to my state, I can't even help her and instead be a burden on her. Thankfully now, I'm free from the wheelchair so she doesn't have to drag me around everywhere but I do use crutches so I still can't work efficiently and have to rely on her a lot. I really wish to get back on my feet soon so that I can take care of her instead and be a good husband I should be. I'm really happy to see her working soo hard, studing but because of me she isn't enjoying her college life to the fullest. What was meant to happen, happened already. There's no way of turning back the clock. All I could do is work hard for her like she's for me... being able to compensate double of what she's doing for me.

She doesn't have much friends either as she's busy taking care of me the whole time. I feel soo guilty... I wish she could let lose and I could spoil her all she wanted...but ...

"Where's my ID?!" She said looking around frantically.

I found it fallen below the dresser.
"It's here! Let me get it..."

I made my way there at my own speed but she rushed pass me and picked it up herself wearing it quickly.

"Thankyou darling!" She said not even looking at me and rushed to the door.

What thankyou? I couldn't even pick it up for her myself.

At first, she used to make me put on her ID for her and give me a long kiss but now...

"I'm soo late. Bye my dear!" She pecked my cheeks hastily and rushed out before I could even return the kiss.

I watched her leave sighing to myself but managed a smile when she turned to me waving.

Has our love already started to detoriate because of my state?

I work from home as a sales manager in a renowned company here. As because of my state I cannot attend office. My boss is a good man but the returns aren't that well. Still, I have enough savings and property that the days go by well.

I went back to the kitchen and saw how spotlessly clean it was. So was the entire house. She does it all herself. I told her many time to hire a maid or something but she says she wants to maintain this heaven of ours herself. At such a young age my Geeta had to go through soo much. And even after that when I thought things will be alright....here I am....in this useless state as a pathetic loser husband to my wife.

I'm greatful for Raghav though. He goes to college with her and they are in the same field. So he protects her outside. I don't have to worry much about her safety.

She's soo kind....never complaints even though she sometimes has to stay up all night caring for me. The beginning times were hell. I couldn't even move a muscle. Not to mention my constant mood swings. So she had to do everything herself. Right from feeding me to even my personal cleaning and stuff in her frail body when she herself went through soo much physical and mental pain of loosing our child in her womb. I used to cry seeing her doing soo much for me, but in return all she did was smile and say,
'I'm just glad you're with me.'

How could she love me soo much?

But now, it's like, she has changed. She doesn't spend much time with me and I'm also more than capable of doing everyday things but still. She's spending most of her time on college, not answering my calls too sometimes.
Can it be that....she has lost interest in me now?